(13) Busan-Seoul

Jimin was sitting on the couch, watching Taemin play with his toys...

He streched his hand to pick up the book he had been reading but halted when his phone rang...He picked his phone up and saw that it was Yoongi calling...

The only person from Seoul he had contacts with...

"Hello hyung"

Jimin answered.

"Hey jimin...How are you mate?"

"I'm good hyung...What about you?"

"I'm fine too..."

"That great...You called me this late...Everything okay?"

"Oh yeah...Everything's great...Its just...Uhh...Jimin, I...have a case for you...If you don't mind fighting"

Yoongi said.

Jimin's eyes lit up...he sat straight...It had been months since he had taken on a case, and he was eager to get back to work.

"Really? That's great news. What's the case about?"

"It's a complex one, but I think you're the right person for the job. The client is willing to pay a lot of money for this, so it's definitely worth your time,"

Yoongi explained.

Jimin felt a surge of excitement. He needed the money to support himself and Taemin, and this case could be the breakthrough he had been waiting for.

"I'm interested. What do I need to do?"

"Well, there's just one catch. The client is based in Seoul, so you'll have to come here to work on the case,"

Yoongi said.

Jimin's smile faltered. He was not ready to go back to seoul...To him Seoul was the place where he had very bad memories about Taehyung and his grandpa who passed away there. He had avoided going back there ever since.

Yoongi understood the silence

"Jimin-ah...You just have to come and meet the clients...You don't have to meet anyone else..."

"I don't know, Hyung...Seoul is not really my favorite place."

"I understand that, Jimin. But trust me, this case is worth it. And besides, you have to come to my wedding that is being held day after tomorrow,"

Yoongi said...He heard jimin sigh on the call...Jimin had promised to attend Yoongi's wedding, but he didn't want to go back to Seoul.

"I don't know if I can do this, It's too much for me."

"Come on, Jimin. You're a great lawyer, and you need this case. Think about Taemin and yourself. You need the money, and this case can give you that. Plus, you'll get to see me get married,"

Yoongi said, trying to convince him.

Jimin thought about it for a moment. Yoongi was right. He did need the money, and this case could be the breakthrough he had been waiting for. And he had promised to attend Yoongi's wedding...He still was a bit hesitant...What if things go wrong again? What if he comes face to face with his trauma again...But he needed money...So that he can provide a better life to his son...

After a long pause...Jimin finally spoke

"Okay, I'll do it. But I'm only coming for the case and your wedding. I don't want to stay in Seoul any longer than I have to."

"Great! I'll send you all the details. And don't worry, Jimin. We'll take care of everything,"

Yoongi said, relieved that Jimin had agreed.

Jimin hung up the phone and leaned back on the couch.

He let out a sigh feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. He was happy that he had finally gotten a case, but going back to Seoul was not something he was looking forward to...Jimin's eyes fell on his son's small figure playing with toys...Easy or hard...He have to do this for taemin...

Taemin looked up at him with curious eyes.

"Eomma, what's wrong?"

Jimin smiled at his son

"Nothing, baby. Eomma just has to go to Seoul for a few days for work."

Taemin's face lit up.

"Can I come with you, eomma?"

Jimin nodded

"Of course, Bubba...I can't leave you alone here..."

Taemin smiled, He got up and started jumping out of excitement...Jimin chuckled at his son's cuteness...But his smile faded as he realised He didn't want to expose his son to the memories that haunted him in Seoul but he has to...

---------------------------

Taehyung sat at his desk, staring blankly at the computer screen in front of him...He had been working on the same case for hours, but his mind was too preoccupied with thoughts to focus on the task at hand.

He sighed and rubbed his temples, trying to clear his head, but it was no use.

He needed a distraction...Or maybe He needed a pause in life...A pause to figure out everything...But the world doesn't work like that

Just then, his phone buzzed with a message from his friend Jungkook...

Jungkook:-

Hey man, I heard some clients are coming in from Busan Tomorrow. You wanna come pick them up with me?

-Sent Today, 3:15 PM

Taehyung hesitated for a moment. He wasn't in the mood to deal with clients, especially ones from out of town.

He had become jaded over the years, seeing too many clients who were more trouble than they were worth. But he didn't say anything, knowing that Jungkook loved his work and was always excited to meet new people...

Before he could reply his phone buzzed again...Tae looked down and saw jungkook calling...The black haired male sighed before picking up the call

"It's been 15 minutes you've seen my message and Haven't replied...Let me guess...You spaced out again?"

"Ah...Uhm...It's not like that...I just got another phone call"

Taehyung lied...

"Oh alright...So you're coming with me or not?"

"Uhh sure...I'll...I'll come"

"Awesome! They're a family of four," Jungkook said.

"The parents are looking to start a business in Seoul and they're hoping we can help them with the legal side of things."

Taehyung hummed, not particularly interested in the details...He couldn't help but notice the excitement in Jungkook's voice.

"You seem pretty excited about this,"

Taehyung commented.

Jungkook grinned.

"Yeah, I am. It's always fun to meet new clients and see what kind of cases we can take on."

Taehyung hummed again...

"Okay then...I'll see you tomorrow at the Seoul station at sharp 8 AM...Don't be late"

"Yeah...see you"

Jungkook hung up the phone...

Taehyung sighed cracking his knuckles, before focusing on his work again...

--------------------------

Now that my other story "Dear sports captain" has completed...I can finally focus on this book...I hope you enjoyed...keep commenting...I love reading them 💛