(3) Case?

As soon as the couple saw jimin...They ran towards him and fell on their knees holding jimin's feet...The confused me glanced at his grandfather trying to figure out what was going on. His grandpa looked up at him with a pained expression, and Jimin knew that this was serious...

"Sir...Mam....Please get up..."

He helped the crying couple and made them sit on the sofa... Quickly going to the kitchen and coming back with two glasses of water...

"How can I help you?"

Jimin asked the couple, trying to keep his voice calm...He looked at the woman...Who's grip on the glass tightened...

The woman looked up at him with tear-filled eyes.

"We....We want you to fight a case..."

"Mhm...And what is it about?"

"We lost our son two days ago"

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that"

"We fell into the trap of a drug dealer"

Jimin's heart sank. He knew all too well
About how it feels to lose a loved one...He himself has lost two of them...

Jimin felt his heart clenching as he listened to their story. Their son had been struggling with addiction for years, and despite their best efforts to help him, he had fallen into the wrong crowd...

The couple explained that their son had been buying drugs from an anonymous dealer...They had tried to intervene, but it was too late....

"Last night he...He overdosed on the dealer's supply and died...we found him in the nearby park...F-Foam coming out of his mouth...Eyes red...I....I-"

The man couldn't speak further and jimin understood...He got up sitting besides the man and rubbing his back calming him down...

"We just need justice...We want that criminal in jail...He is selling drugs...That are hidden in toys... stationary items and what not..."

Jimin could see the pain etched on their faces, and he knew that this was a difficult case to take on. But he also knew that he had to help them find justice for their son...

"We...We don't have money to-"

"Don't think about money sir...I am a lawyer...It's my job to bring justice..."

"May god bless you my child"

The man said placing his hand on jimin's head lovingly...

"Do you...Know that dealer's name?"

The couple shook their heads as no

"But...But he have something...That might help"

The woman said wiping her tears and looking for something inside her cloth bag...

"Here! This is the only photo we got..."

Jimin looked closely at the photo and saw that the man's back was facing the camera...But there was one thing...One thing that jimin could clearly see...And it was that man's hand...Completely burnt with a birthmark on his wrist...

"This is not enough..."

Jimin spoke and immediately regretted after seeing the glossy eyes of the couple

"But I'll try..."

He added earing a pained smile...

"Uncle...Aunt....You are like my mom and dad...And i promise you...Your son will get justice...No matter what it takes...I'll make sure to do my best"

Jimin said smiling softly but his voice was stern and determined...While his grandpa looked at him proudly...

--------------------------

The couple left and it hurted jimin to see their faces etched with grief and despair...

"Are you going to fight this case?"

Grandpa asked jimin who was having his dinner

"Yeah...Why?"

The old man smiled looking at his grandson looking cute with his mouth full...Just like a mochi

"Nah...Just asking, mochi"

"Granppaaaaa...How many times have I told you...Don't call me that..."

Jimin whined and pout looking more cute...

"Awww....Sorry my mochi...But can't help..."

Jimin glared at him cutely and huffed

"Okay...But don't call me that infront of taehyung...That brat will start calling me mochi..."

"Oh he copies my nicknames?"

"Each one of them"

"What do he calls you now?"

"Baby chick"

Grandpa laughed causing jimin to whine again...

"My nicknames are always the best"

"Yeah...Sure..."

"Was that sarcastic?"

"Definitely yes"

"Yah you brat-"

"Oopsie"

Jimin said and ran to his room giggling
But then he came back, hurriedly kissing his grandpa's cheek, mumbling a good night before running away again....

The old man chuckled at his childish behaviour, shaking his head...

"This boy"

---------------------------

Jimin was laying on his bed when his phone tinged indicating that there's a message...He checked and as expected...It was his boyfriend... Taehyung...

Tata ❤️

I miss my Baby chick... 

Jimin smiled to himself...and replied...I miss my tata alien too...

He waited for taehyung's reply...

Tata ❤️

Seriously? 😒

I call you baby and chick...and you call me what? Alien? 😩 I'm so sick of this fake love~

Min chuckled at his boyfriend's dramatic message...And bit his lower lip...still smiling wide

He replied 'But i call you Tata too...'

And as the night got darker jimin and taehyung kept exchanging messages to each other smiling to themselves...After some time they finally decided to sleep...So after saying good night and I love yous...They both kept their phone aside...And closing their eyes with a wide smile which they gave each other...

Just like that they drifted off to sleep dreaming about each other and their future...Tired from all the work at the court...

---------------------

Law before Love || VminOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara