Chapter 29: Unity Part 3

Start from the beginning

Cheyenne's POV:
Phoebe, Miranda I pull into the Divinity parking lot at quarter til 6. And, right off the bat I'm surprised by how many vehicles are here.

The school reunion had gone on for a couple hours and half an hour ago, albert left Mark and the worship team on "watch duty" while he, Curtis, the Amigos, Duncan, Patrick, Colton and Mitch take off to prepare the Sanctuary.
In the sanctuary Albert and the guys are finishing up on setting their sound, setting up chairs and helping Coltons friends prepare their cameras.

They open the doors and their friends begin stepping into the room.
"Wow. Can't believe we actually got a full load tonight," Albert said.

"I haven't seen this many people in the halls since I worked as the Counselor here," Curtis said.

"Indeed. Everyone is here! Even some of the kids from Fresno got the word and came inside."

"Gosh. It feels insane being back with everybody. Brings back memories for sure."

"Pretty much describes this past week."

"Yeah. So, you still haven't told me much about this new band you found to play at 645."

"Uhhh yeah. These guys aren't gonna break anything are they?" Curtis asked.

"Oh I don't think we have to worry about that. In fact, I think they'll be-"

"Albert?! Albert!!" Miranda shouted.
"Hey!!" Phoebe runs into the room. "Okay. You guys ready to see the NEW Cheyenne Mitchell?"

"Heh? New Cheyenne?"

"Yeah. We...kinda thought we should give her a little makeover to get her ready for New York."

"Uh-oh!" Vinnie spoke out. "How does it look?! Or first, how does she think it looks?"

I yelled out from behind the walls. "It's perfect! And with just the right get up, NO ONE will recognize me as Phoenix NOW!!" I said excitedly.

"Whatever you say," Curtis said. "But you used to be good at not shouting that out."

"Just saying!"

"Well don't leave us hanging, let us see!" Albert yelled out.

"Okay. Okay, coming inside!!"

They all turn over.....before they see me stepping through the doors.

Both their jaws and their eyes go wide.
"Oh my God," they all said in unison.

I step out. My hair has been cut half short, and it's been dyed with a dark shade of pink. I'm wearing s due scarf, a teal jacket

"Now she may not look normal, but I think this will be more than enough to help her with the attention and recognition," Phoebe said. "We thought the first step to help her, was to make her look more unique."

"We've also bought some contact lenses and new clothes to cover that neck of here. Lots of sweaters and turtlenecks," Miranda said.

"What do you think?"

"Umm.....you want my, honest thoughts?"

"Yes, please. You'd only harm me by dishonest flattery."

"Well.....?" Albert stares at me. "You look like if Stephanie from LazyTown had a sudden growth spurt, and then fused bodies with the Stephanie from Game Theory, which is another YouTube show."

"Oh. Well, uh......"
I have no idea how to respond to that.
"Okay, uhm, anyone else?"

"I.......canNOT say anything different," Curtis said.