31. Juliet's A Fool

(Lorelei's P

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

"Edward!" I called out into the darkness.

The trees loomed over me, towering over the darkened landscape, as if to cage me in. My heart picked up speed as I sped through the forest, pushing branches and brambles out of my way as I desperately searched for my friend.

"Edward!" I called out frantically.

Suddenly, a silhouette appeared in front of me. As I got closer, I realized it was him. His pale face seemed to glow like the moon itself against the darkness of the night. His eyes were as black as the midnight sky that was peppered with stars. I slowly approached him. His face was pulled down into a frown. Pain painted his features like a canvas. I could see the internal anguish in the depths of his eyes.

"Edward," I whispered his name as I stood before him.

His tormented eyes met mine. I could feel the pain rolling off of him in waves. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him and take his pain away. I hesitantly reached up and allowed my hand to brush against the side of his face as lightly as a feather.

His features changed. They twisted into a look of pure disgust. A scowl played on his lips as he took a giant step back.

"No," he growled in an animalistic manner.

His black eyes suddenly began to glow, turning a crimson red. He growled once more before lunging towards me.

{End of dream}

I had that same nightmare night after night since he left without so much as a goodbye. I replayed the dream in my head as I walked next to Zeke. Edward haunted many of my waking thoughts, but he always haunted me in my sleep. My heart yearned for him despite his outright rejection. No matter what I did, I couldn't shake the thought of him away.

The sound of Zeke popping the tab on a Red Bull broke me from my thoughts. He put the can to his lips with an amused smile.

"Seriously, Zeke. You've got to stop doing that," I laughed as my friend chugged down yet another energy drink after he had stayed up all night studying.

Finals were fast approaching and we were all feeling the stress from it.

He crushed the now empty can with his hand and smiled. "Yeah, I really shouldn't have skipped out on that study session you had with Alice."

"You really shouldn't have," I agreed with him. "She's really smart."

Since Edward left over a month ago, I haven't seen or heard hide nor hair of him. None of my texts or calls were going through to him. Eventually, I gave up trying to get in touch with him. If he wanted to talk to me, he would. Anytime I asked Alice about him, she would get evasive. All she would tell me was that he was out visiting some relatives and that he was continuing with his classes online.