15. The Undead

Here you come all dressed up for a date

Well one more step and it will be too late

Blue blue ribbon in your hair

Like you're so sure I'll be standing there

**Sad Eyes by Enrique Iglesias**

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

After lunch, we headed straight over to the library to meet Zeke and Alice. We still had a good thirty minutes before they would arrive which I was thankful for. I wasn't ready for my alone time with Edward to be over. He found a parking spot and put the car in park before looking over at me with a curious expression.

"What?" I wondered.

"I just wish I knew what you were thinking." His lips were pressed in a firm line.

I gave him a soft smile. "I'll tell you what I'm thinking. Well, what I'm wondering actually."

His eyes danced with curiosity as they stared into mine which caused my heart to stutter.

"What's that?" He asked in a low voice that sent shivers through my body.

I unbuckled my seat belt and positioned myself so that I was facing him. He was watching every move I made which put every nerve in my body on high alert. I looked up and stared into his tranquil eyes as I nibbled on my lower lip.

His eyes widened and I could feel an instant change in the atmosphere around us; electricity seemed to hum in the air between us. My heart started beating louder and louder- I could hear it in my ears. Edward's entire body stiffened, his hands gripping the steering wheel as he peered over at me.

I took a slow, shaky breath and attempted to gather my now jumbled thoughts. I forced myself to look away from his smoldering eyes.

"Are- um," I started muttering awkwardly. "Are you planning on going to the festival today?"

After a moment of silence, I glanced over at him. He had a bemused look plastered on his face, his eyebrows raised.

"I was thinking about it." He sighed softly before continuing. "But to be honest, I'm not sure if I should."

"Why not?" I questioned him.

He wore a forlorn smile. "Doesn't seem like a good idea to me."

"Well I wish you would," I admitted to him with a tender smile.

He flashed me my favorite crooked grin causing my heart to skip a beat. "Any particular reason why?"

I pursed my lips.

"The truth?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes in a playful manner. "Please."