25. Only Human

I may seem crazyOr painfully shyAnd these scars wouldn't be so hidden If you would just look me in the eyeI feel alone here and cold hereThough I don't want to dieBut the only anesthetic that makes me feel anything Kills inside --Cut By Plumb

I may seem crazy
Or painfully shy
And these scars wouldn't be so hidden
If you would just look me in the eye
I feel alone here and cold here
Though I don't want to die
But the only anesthetic that makes me feel anything
Kills inside
--Cut By Plumb

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

{Flashback}

"I'll see you later," I waved to Caroline as I stepped out of her car with my shopping bags in tow.

Caroline and I had went on a much needed shopping spree. I had gotten some winter clothes and a nice little surprise for Damon. I unlocked the door to the Salvatore Estate and walked through the threshold.

With a sneaky grin, I walked in and headed to Damon's bedroom where I shut the door so I could change into the 'surprise' before he got home. He wasn't expecting me to be back from the shopping trip so soon, so I knew he was more than likely still at the grill.

I stripped out of my clothes and eyed the silky lingerie that I had purchased. It was light blue with white lace around the seams. It was modest but sexy. I didn't want anything too scanty looking, being that this was going to be my first.

Damon and I had been official for three months now. Although we hadn't been dating very long, I felt more than ready to take the next step with him. I loved him. And I believed he loved me. Despite everything going on, I was happy.

Butterflies frantically fluttered in my stomach when I heard the front door open. I sat on the edge of the bed and waited for my gyrating heart to calm down. After collecting myself for a couple of minutes, I was able to work up the courage to walk out of the bedroom.

As I rounded the corner to go into the den, I called out for him, "Damon, I-"

I stood frozen when I walked into the room. My heart dropped to my stomach. My stomach moved up my throat. My mouth fell open in shock. Tears burned at the back of my eyes when I took in the scene before me.

Damon and Elena. He had her pinned against the wall next to the fireplace, kissing her. His lips moved from hers as he started trailing kisses down her neck. The second he heard me speak, his entire body stiffened.

He oh-so-slowly turned to meet my horrified gaze. His face flushed when he took in my appearance; his eyes widened. He looked from her to me with horror struck eyes.

"Oh my God," Elena whispered hoarsely.

I hadn't realized she was shirtless until she bent down to pick up her shirt with blushing cheeks. Damon took a cautious step towards me with open arms.

"Lorelei, I am so-," he started to speak.

Before he could finish the sentence, I fled. Without even thinking, I ran out the front door, not giving any heed to my current attire. The slight chill in the air whipped against my tear stained cheeks. Until then, I hadn't realized I was crying.