14. Curiosity Killed The Cat

You make me feel out of my element

Like I'm drifting out to the sea

Like the tide's pulling me in deeper

Making it harder to breathe

We cannot deny how we feel inside

We cannot deny

**Chemicals React by Aly & AJ**

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

He was so infuriating at times. I wrapped my arms around my stomach in an attempt to control the butterflies that was fluttering angrily. The effect he has on me is absolutely ridiculous. I basically turn into a puddle on the floor when he so much as smiles. His crooked grin was the worst in the best way possible.

When he touched my hair, I was hopeful that he felt the same way about me. Every time I think that he is going to take that initial step, he doesn't. I was so confused. Is he attracted to me in that way or not?

A small part of me was tempted to drop the sheet to the floor and just walk out completely naked. That ought to get a reaction out of him.

Obviously, I would never do that.

I'm sure I wouldn't get the intended reaction out of him anyway. It would scare him off for good if he knew how I truly felt about him. I wanted him like I never wanted anyone before. Sure, I had been infatuated before but what I was feeling for Edward was SO much stronger.

I took a deep breath as I sunk to the floor. I needed to find an outfit but I needed to find myself first. As soon as the butterflies subsided and Edward's effects wore off, I was able to remember why I had rushed out with nothing but a sheet covering me in the first place.

The news reporter had mentioned something about brutal killings taking place in the surrounding towns. Bodies drained of blood, heads severed from their bodies.

Could it be?

I was already immensely worried for my friend but now I was frantic. I was desperate to find him. I hopped up from the floor and grabbed my cellphone from the bed before dialing his number. My heart picked up speed when it started ringing.

To my surprise, it went to voicemail. I rolled my eyes out of annoyance. Of course he didn't answer when I finally wanted, no- needed, to talk to him.

I waited for the recording tone to beep before speaking softly into the phone, not wanting Edward to overhear. "Hey, it's me. Call me when you get this. It's about Stefan. I might be on to something."

I tossed the phone back onto my bed and started looking for something to wear. I decided on a long-sleeve pale pink turtle neck and a pair of denim skinny jeans. The outfit was form fitting but conservative.