•19•

Seyi P.o.v

"Where is your fiancee anyway. It's not really appropriate for an engaged man to be calling a lady in the middle of the night or is this something you do on a regs." She said abruptly. Her voice was grodgy. She didn't sound like herself.

All I just wanted to know is how me not liking Zina came out. I didn't know a woman can be this furstrating.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not myself this night." Her voice sounded.

Of course your not yourself. I thought. But I didn't say anything. I was waiting for her to explain.

"I really don't know how it came up but it just did. I'm really sorry for talking about your private life and you have all right to be mad at me."

Did she just apologize.

Before I could say anything she spoke again.

"Egoistic animals".

I couldn't believe my ears. She had just apologized a minute ago and now she was calling me an Egoistic animal. I don't know but I found myself stifling a laugh. She was something alright.

"Did you just call me an Egoistic animal?" I asked.

A beat. "Oh.. no. I was uhm.. talking to my dog." She stammered

"You were talking to a dog?".

"I know it sounds weird."

"Yeah it does."

"Asta's just a tiny devil." She mused.

Asta is probably the dog's name.

"I'm actually afraid of dogs." Now that I've cleared things up with Osas I fell at ease again.

"Get out of here!! Your kidding."

I laughed at her shocked tone. " I am, really. They just like chasing me around and I don't like that."

She chuckled. " That's because they like you."

"I'll pass. Dogs aren't meant to be domestic beings"

She laughed and I found myself liking the tone of her laugh. " Oh c'mon. If you see Asta you'll fall in love with dogs. I bet you."

"It's not even up to a minute that you called him a tiny devil and an Egoistic animal."

"Well apart from that his actually cu-( a dog began to bark) oh shut up Asta, (Asta barks again) next time you shouldn't underestimate me. I can be nice when I want to. (Asta barks again) you were smiling before huh! No food and now your flashing me those pitiful ey..." Her voice suddenly trailed off.

She was actually talking to the Dog and I laughed at that. I was sounds from the other line but it was muffled.

"Osas?" I called when she hadn't said anything.

She cleared her throat. " Did you by any chance mange to hear my conversation with Asta?"

"No I didn't." I lied.

She heaved a sigh of relief. "For a moment there I thought you - are you lying to me ? Cause I can hear your laugh."

"I heard everything Osas.." she groaned loudly.".. there is nothing to be embarrassed about sometimes I talk to my car."

"Okay that's just being weird. Why do you talk to a car?"

I adjusted myself on the bed. I was liking the conversation. "But you talk to your dog."

"Everyone talks to their dogs but who talks to their car like seriously you talk to your car ?"

"I told this so you won't feel embarrassed but here who are making me feel embarrassed."