Chapter 1

Present day

Seyi P.O.V

Its been seven years since i had left Nigeria and i finally was coming back home.

I had managed to become a very successful man and finally decided to settle down and had proposed to Zina.

Zina was a half cast. Father a Nigerian but mother British. Zina and I had been dating for three years so I just had to propose.

well she kind of pushed me too.

Right now we were both in the airport.

" I can't wait to see your parents." Zina said, her voice hinting excitement.

We were waiting for the time of departure. I had wanted to travel with my private jet but she insisted.

  "They would be surprised." I said absently as i stared at my phone.

"Why would they be surprised?" She asked.

I suddenly stared at her. " I uhm... Have not told them about us "

Her eyes widened with shock. " You have not told them about us ??"

"Well yeah, it never did come up anytime I spoke with them "

Her demeanor changed.

"Seyi we have been dating for three years before you then proposed to me and now your saying you have not told your parents about me. Have you completely lost it !" Her British accent was becoming thick which means she was really mad.

" I told them I was going to settle down but I think they thought I was joking."

Nothing was helping, she was furious.

" I can't believe you now..." She stood up abruptly "I'm going to walk around to calm myself down."

" I love you" I tried to sound reassuring but she only snorted and walked off.

I should have told them . I thought as I stared back at my phone.  Duty calls.

" Babes I'm being serious, I dey come Nigeria today."

I felt someone sit beside me and I looked up.

It was a lady. She had a dark chocolate skin,her hair was braided and was packed in a tight bun. She was dressed in a casual Levi blue jeans and black turtle neck.

She was pretty but she looked ... Familiar,

Jemima!

But it couldn't be. Jemima was... Dead.

Yeah, she died on a plane crash with her parents two years after I had left for the UK.

My parents hadn't wanted me to leave school for the burial, _

As if I would miss my best friends burial.

Sometimes I blamed myself for her death. Maybe if I hadn't had gone maybe...

"It's not a prank na. Last time was a joke babes. I forgot to inform him that I was was coming back just please pick me at the airport."

She disrupted my thoughts. She was obviously to loud and her accent was purely Nigerian.

" The plane might be landing around 9 pm..... It's not that late and you can come with Rasaq".

I couldn't concentrate anymore. "Sorry.."  I said to draw her attention.

" How may I help you ?".

Her face looked so familiar now that I  stared at her.

" Could you mind lowering your voice." I was surprised that the Nigerian accent was gone and it was British that sounded.