•16•

Seyi P.o.v

I got the restaurant and called the number that had called me earlier. No answer.

I signaled for a waitress. "Is Miss Osas around?"

"She just left some minutes ago sir."

She left ?!. Why did she then call me ?.

"Do you know where she left to ?"

The waitress eye narrowed with suspicion." No I don't."

"She actually called me that we had something to talk about." I explained.

"I'll call the head chef for you." She left and she came back with a man dressed in a black apron.

"Miss Osas actually had an emergency and had to leave."

An emergency!.

"Do you know where she might have gone to?"

He nodded. " She didn't inform me."

"But when will she be coming back here?"

"I don't think she will be coming back sir. Maybe tomorrow."

I thanked the chef and he left. Why had she called me and what emergency has she rushed off to ?.

I dialed the number again but still the same. No reply. That's when I realized that Zina haven't called me since morning which was weird of her.

I called and she picked on the first ring." Any problem Seyi ?" Her voice was calm, too calm.

"Yeah. You haven't called me since morning."

She sniffed. "It's already afternoon and that's when you remember I exist. Anyway I thought you were avoiding me."

"I wasn't. Both night and morning you were asleep and I didn't want to disturb you."

"Well I don't want to disturb you since your at work."

I didn't correct her." What are you doing now?"

"I just came home."

"Where did you go?"

"I went for shopping and from there I saw myself in a fashion company. it was nice, the people there were surprised to see the Zina in their building." She chuckled.

"It's good to see that your enjoying yourself."

"When are we going to Abuja."

Well she doesn't waste time.

"Next week."

"Really?!"she whooped.

"Yeah."

"How long will we be there?"

My fingers trailed to my hair." I don't know Zina just know that by next week we will be in Abuja."

"Okay. When will you be coming home?"

"Soon."

"Bye. Love you!"

"Love you too." I forced back. The line cut and I left for my car.

So much for everything.

Osas P.o.v

As I got to the hospital, I saw Ruth pacing through the hall as the nurse tried to calm her down.

My phone had been ringing so I switched it off.

They were running some tests for him. She had said as I managed to sit her down.

"His going to be okay."

"His just three Osas. His too young for this."

Of course we knew the report for the test won't be out anytime soon.

An hour later the doctor came to us. The doctor looked young.

"Your son is resting now." He said

"Can I see him?" Ruth blurted.

"Let him rest ma'am his doing okay I assure you. The test results will be out tomorrow. Please go home and rest whi-"

"I should go home and rest while my son is in the hospital? That one is not happening doctor. I'm not leaving this place without my son."

The doctor looked at me and I understood what he was trying to say from his eyes.

He walked away.

"Can you imagine that doctor saying I should go home and relax, relax osas. I can't relax while my son is in the hospital."

"There's a hotel near here, how about you-"

"Osas didn't you not hear me. I'm not leaving this hospital without my son."

"Ruth, please don't be stubborn. Do you want Boma to wake up to seeing you like this. You will get him more worried and you need to rest, you should see yourself now, you look like all this walking corpse."i said.

Despite tears dripping down her face she managed a laugh." Walking  corpse Osas?"

I stood." Let's get you booked in the hotel."

I drove her in her car as Nonso followed from behind in my car.

The hotels name was hakimi Hotels. We got a room.

"Thanks for coming Osas."

"Anything for my bestie." I hugged her tightly. "His going to be okay, trust God."

She smiled. "I will."

"I'll come tomorrow with extra clothes for you and please Ruth, eat."

"I will."

"Promise me."

"I will Osas oh. "

I smiled as I watched her head to her room.
Entering back to my car I switched on my device.

"I feel sorry for Boma." Nonso said softly.

"I pray his going to be okay." Staring at my phone i began scrolling at the missed calls.

My assistant, Micheal, Ola and Seyi had called.

That's when I remembered I was meant to meet Seyi.

I called him back no answer. Why would he anyway. I had called for him to come and then I leave without informing him.

I called again but nothing. I sighed. His probably busy.

I called Micheal. I was in no mood to talk to Ola after her episode this morning.

Seyi p.o.v

I glanced at my phone that rang as I drove. Unknown caller. I ignored it.

It rang again. Same Id.i ignored it.

I may be behaving childish but I can't just come to a place and not see her. That was a waste of time.

But deep inside I wanted to pick the call, I wanted to ask what was the emergency. I was concerned for her. What did she call me.

But I could not forget she had told Ola's boyfriend about I and Zina's relationship. Yet one question still filled my mind

Who was that guy to Osas?

Please vote and follow ❤️