•18•

Osas P.o.v

It was late at night and I could not sleep. I had taken the drug that my dad had prescribed but my eyes were widned.

I tussled around my bed but sleep didn't come. I headed downstairs, my duvet in my arm, Asta by my side and brought a wine from the fridge and slumped on the couch. I was to lazy to get a cup.

I switched in the tv and began to shuffle to through the channels, drank some wine from the bottle and kept on shuffling. Finding nothing interesting to watch I switched it off.

And I sipped more wine. I glanced at my phone and I felt the urge to do something that would not make sense.

Asta let out a low bark making me glance at him. "Fine I won't call him" I said to Asta. And  I did something I would not have done in a million years.

I called Seyi. Yes I called the man that has been on my mind since I left the hospital.

Asta barked again at me. "I did not call him. My hands slipped. " I told Asta. "And I doubt he would pick."

Surprisingly, he answered on the first call or was it Zina.

I didn't say anything afraid it might be Zina. I didn't want to cause any problem in their relationship.

"Osas ?"

I felt my heart beat quicken as  a deep husky voice sounded through the phone.

"Yes." I said softly.

"Why are you awake ?"

"Why are you awake ?" I asked back.

"I could not sleep."

"I too."

Silence brewed between us.

"I uhm (cleared my throat).. wanted to apologize for not being available at the restaurant after I called you to come there."

"I heard you had an emergency. Are you okay?" I could hear concern in his voice.

Asta just glared at me from his dog couch.

Oh c'mon Asta, it was a slip of the hand.  I mouthed to the dog.

"Yeah. It was just my friend. Her son was rushed to the hospital. You actually know this friend."

"I do ?" I heard the surprise in his voice.

"Yeah. It's Ruth from the other day. Your friend kept buttering her."

Silence. " Is She married?".

And I somehow told him about Ruth's marriage.

"I'll tell Derek to back off from her." Seyi said.

"Well she has kind of been shrugging men from her after her marriage and that was three years ago. So unless Derek is serious about her then yeah he can back off." I sipped   the wine and I realized the bottle was empty. I stood up grudgingly and took another wine from the fridge and settled down on the couch.

He chuckled and I could feel my insides tighten slowly. " I don't think Derek is ready to settle."

"I really don't know why men nowadays just feel like playing around with women. I'm even suprised that you stuck to a woman for three years.". I sipped my wine and adjusted my phone to my left ear.

"I have something to ask you Osas. It's been on my mind since." His voice etched seriousness.

"Okay..." I drawled.

"Did you discuss what I told you about my relationship with anybody ?"

I wanted to say no but something about his tone told him he already knew the truth. Had Ola told him everything I said or was Rasaq and maybe that's what led to their fight.