Chapter 32: Drive

Y/N POV

We're about an hour in, I talked with the driver about my time in the military, and talked about the security system on the bus if things were to happen.

Once we cross the Piltovian border, we have a police escort. 

For now, we have Noxian recon, people like G1 and G2 to protect us. 

Although, I hope they aren't busy arguing like siblings and actually take the shot when problems arise. 

I hear some distant radio chatter from the driver's radio.

Driver: Got it, got it, increasing speed. HEY!!! MIGHT GET A LITTLE SHIFTY BACK THERE!!!

Ahri: Why?! What's wrong? 

Driver: Nothing, just enjoy the ride! 

I get up and walk to the passenger seat next to him at the front. 

I sit down, staring him down. 

Y/N: What's really going on? 

Driver: Should've known the only other person with military experience already knows the bus is under attack...

Y/N: Attacked by who?

I get up and look out of the little window slots in the door, and a rusted-up truck with a spray-painted skull on the side- 

*LOUD BULLET CRACKLE! ENGINE BLOCK PUNCTURE! SMASH! CRASH!*

Takes a tumble and falls behind us...

Recon: Okay... *static* they got the message, assets are clear, I repeat, assets are in the clear, enjoy the drive... *stattic* You're running out of range, watch out for another signal from checkpoint.

He grabs his ham radio.

Driver: Roger that. 

Once again, another example that Noxian security is no joke. 

Gang Four, which I'm assuming from the hastily painted skull decal, will have a... less than one minute window to somehow stop the bus as we lose range. 

Now, this isn't physically possible, because each glint, each blinking light, is some form of communication.

Nobody gets lost in these fields, nobody... 

Jhin's plans will be foiled time and time again, I just wish his cellmate would talk some sense into him. 

Does he even still have one? I'm surprised he isn't dead...

VARUS POV

Varus: You're an idiot. 

Kai: Holy fuck I want to die...

Val: Same... too bad we're only just voices...

SHHH!!! Goober is talking. 

Jhin: I AM A VISIONARY!!!

Varus: Not only did you openly admit to the whole world that you had plans to attack the concert, and that the PNG is now on our case in Piltover, BUT!!! ICING ON THE CAKE!!! You tried to hijack the K/DA's bus, and lost dozens of men in the process!

The one undercover guard now deathstares the cell we're in. 

I mean, K/DA is huge in Runeterra. 

Like... I get the idea and all to hold something the world loves dear hostage, almost like Dr. Evil, but come on to fuck! 

Jhin: A minor setback-

Varus: No, no minor setback this, sacrifice that. These plans fucking suck, and they are getting nowhere. Face it, Jhin, the bonds between every nation has never been stronger thanks to you. The world... is at peace... I-I'm starting to see us as the bad-