Chapter 26: Woods

Y/N POV

I jack up the car, putting a stand under it, then I pull a Jinx strategy. 

I jack up the control arm into place, putting everything back together. 

It looks like a bolt snapped, but I got Kali to grab a spare one for me that magically fit. 

Don't ask how it fit, because it hardly did. 

Kali: Is it lined up with the coil?

Y/N: Yes... relax, I got this! 

Kali: Where did you learn all this stuff? 

Y/N: Army.

Kali: I know that, but when did Jinx have the time to teach you? 

Y/N: You want the honest answer? 

Kali: I think I deserve it, yeah...

Y/N: I needed spots to put car bombs so the blinking light couldn't be seen at night. 

Kali: Never mind... I kinda figured it had something do with killing people...

Y/N: I told you I regret it every day, but what helps is knowing they were the bad guys in the scenario, or so I believe.

Kali: Yes, they were, don't second guess that. You came so far; I don't want you to be in pain again...

Y/N: I still am... *grunt* 

Kali: Then let me numb it for you... okay? 

Y/N: Alright... *grunt* 

I slide out from under the car, taking the stands. 

Y/N: Lower it. 

Kali lowers the Jeep down to the ground, and it doesn't sit staggered, it sits even, and nothing comes apart. 

Y/N: Beautiful...

Kali: Wow... is that it? 

Y/N: Under the hood too, I want to check the engine. The transmission looked spotless, but I fear something could be wrong, this is too good to be true. 

I open the hood... and... wow.

Kali: What's wrong? 

Y/N: You have a Hellcat engine where a 6-cylinder should be. Uhh... where's the intake manifold? 

Kali: The wha? 

Y/N: The thing that sits on top of the engine, the thing that covers all this up. 

Kali: You mean that big vacuumy thingy that's on the workbench behind it? 

Y/N: Yeah, that...

Kali: I can't pick it up...

Y/N: That's alright, I got it... 

I pick up the intake manifold, including the supercharger. 

I step up onto a stepstool that I was using to look down into the bay and place it the right way on. 

Y/N: The whole thing looks fine, no punctures, no leaks, why was it just taken apart? 

Kali: Eve kept getting scammed by a guy that was supposed to come fix it, they kept taking payment up front and not coming by. Or... they kept trying to flirt with her, you probably know how that goes...

Y/N: Yep...

Probably ate them alive or sucked the life out of them, something like that. 

I bolt the manifold on and tighten everything up, putting the hoses on where applicable.