Chapter 15: Moves

VARUS POV

Jhin: FUCK!!! UGH... Chem-Barons... more like... COWARD-BARONS!!!

Varus: Why do you say that? 

Jhin: They pulled out because of the military presence in Zaun... no need for them though... we may not have their resources, but we still have some of their soldiers left over...

Hmmm... odd...

Varus: Looks like Jinx may have persuaded them to step down, which is a very easy thing to do.

Jhin: How?!

Varus: Calm down... very easy... they demand change, and that people stop breathing down their neck... so... Jinx convinced them to support them. But... then she went back, say she got them to rethink their plan. Along with help, she could convince them that it isn't worth it. Greed, once again, is a sin, and is not worth it. Business is good, money is flowing, so why risk what they have for someone's... mission? 

Jhin: I hate that you're smart... ugh... but... a great visionary, nonetheless. 

Varus: Thank you, sir. 

I am one step closer to being stabbed, then I will never see this psychopath again. 

I almost desire being killed by him now, as he talks nonstop about his plans to change the world. 

This man needs solitary confinement, one with a TV, so he may watch his "perfect" world burn. 

I might be a smuggler, a killer, but this guy... absolute nut case...

Val: Says the one with voices in their head...

And that's saying something!

Kai: True that.

Y/N POV

After that adventure in the parking lot, we decided to see a movie. 

No other movies were on when we were done that night, so... we could only see one movie.

Oppenheimer isn't my first choice, but to see how the atomic bomb was created would be awesome. 

I also texted Powder because we were clueless, you could guess her reaction. 

Powdee: OPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMEROPPENHEIMER

Throughout the ending, Kai is holding my hand. 

Kai whispers: This could've been you...

Y/N whispers: What? No way... I served my country well, like him, but refused to disclose my political preference. 

Kai whispers: Can you disclose them now? 

Y/N whispers: Politics fucking suck-

Kai covers her mouth as she giggles, then her flowing purple eyes give me a peek. 

Kai whispers: Real... you want to go to a bar after this? 

Y/N whispers: Where at? 

Kai whispers: Kali texted me they have live music, I know you don't like her, but can we please go see them?

Y/N whispers: Sure, who is it? 

Kai whispers: True Believers... they play Monkees songs, you know, very chill and- 

Y/N whispers: My mom loved The Monkees, sure, that'd make her proud. 

My mom, the only parent out of the two to show me one interest, The Monkes, and also the only family member I had that actually told me they loved me when they were sober.