Chapter 41: Radar

Y/N POV

Just that small follower boost was enough for me to be put on someone's radar.

I have constant DMs asking me how I am affiliated with the K/DA, and now... journalists are putting articles on websites.

Not very credible ones to Heimerdinger's standards, but still.

Any publicity for me is bad publicity.

I wanted to be known as the guy who saved Kali from mad fans, that's it, and then be forgotten about in a month.

Now... I might have more of a following, because people are making that connection.

An Instagram account with no posts is now exploding with followers.

I'm already at a couple hundred thousand, and the number keeps rising, this is bad...

Y/N: Akali... I thought you knew...

Kali: Well, here bud, make your Instagram private!

Y/N: I shouldn't have to explain to you why I hate this Instagram following.

Kali: One of them could be one of Jhin's followers, looking for information. But... luckily, the fans don't know where we are!

Eve: My Deevas might... maybe...

Kali: Ummm...

Eve: Well, I posted a selfie of me on the balcony!

Kai: So that's why you were in the bikini...

Eve: Yeah! So maybe I thirst-trap my fans now and again but... they know only one man is right for me.

Y/N: They know me?

Eve: They know of a man who's big, strong, served in the military, and has a beard, it's funny to see my fans all squabble around, trying to impersonate or impress me by trying to be someone remotely close to you.

Y/N: I'm deleting my account, sorry guys.

Sera: What?! No!

Y/N: I never posted on it anyway, we could just make me another one when this is all over.

Ahri: Don't delete it! NOOOOOO!!!

*AHRI FIT!*

I deleted it.

Eve: You're gonna regret that...

Y/N: No, I don't think I will, followers and fans are the last thing I need.

Eve: Mmmm... if you say so.

She takes out her phone and goes to take a selfie, but I block it.

Eve: Aww... come on! Let me-

Y/N: Enough! Guys... please... I'm begging you! Let me call Darius... then... I can... "de-stress".

Kali takes a picture of my backside when I head back into the kitchen.

Kali: Hashtag... my hero...

Y/N: I'm already dropping out of school, ditching my future-

Kai: Oh... babe, please don't play that card!

Y/N: I'm playing it! This has not changed at all! I... hate... attention...

Kai: Okay! Okay, we get it... what about after your... enemies?

Y/N: The only enemy I left alive was Jhin, Varus, and... actually, Fiora passed from poisoning... never mind.

I take out my phone and call Darius while all of the girls peek in from the doorway, like cartoon characters.