Chapter 14: Kai'Sa

Y/N POV

Despite her laidback look, she looks stunning.

I can tell by her nervous lip-biting that I look good to her too.

Y/N: N-nice shirt...

Kai: T-thanks... I-I always loved their logo.

Y/N: Y-you always this nervous on your dates?

Kai: O-only w-with someone I like.

Y/N: Hmmm... y-you ready to go?

Kai: Sure... c-can we take your car?

Y/N: Okay.

I hold out my hand, and she reluctantly takes it, then lets her shoulders down as she feels the contact we make.

If it wasn't obvious before, I now figured out she really does like me.

Not just testing the waters but definitely wanting to take a dip.

Not a skinny dip I hope...

We hop in the elevator, and she hasn't let go of my hand yet.

She gently squeezes it, then sighs happily.

She looks up at me, but she can't tell that I see it.

When I look down at her, she stops, then blushes as she begins to face the door.

Y/N: So...

Kai: Mmmm...

Y/N: Y-you're a choreography major? How did you get into that?

Kai: Oh! I uhh... I had a fun time dancing and... I did it as a sport back in Icathia then... it consumed me.

Y/N: The invasion happened...

Kai: The invasion of Void... Yeah... they took the lives of many people... my family was lucky, we fled to Piltover and they took us as refugees, then here I am, about... 16 years later! Heh...

Y/N: Damn, that's really brave, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You... really dodged a bullet...

Kai: Y-yeah, you engineering?

Y/N: Mechanical, I uhh... I used to do a lot of that with my group when I served... and back to the Void invasion I... I pray that the lives lost find happiness, wherever they may be.

Kai: Kali said you were a Catholic...

Y/N: Yeah, it was like that for a while... I was raised by a priest and... exorcist.

Kai: I was raised by an... accountant and a weapon salesperson... I think I had a pretty easy life other than my town being destroyed...

Y/N: A defense contracter?

Kai: Kinda... my dad ran a gun store while my mom did math all night long. Both of them were miserable... and they both demanded I do something that makes me happy, not making the same decision I did.

Y/N: So that's why you chose to dance?

Kai: Mom always said I had moves...

Y/N: S-so... wanna head to a nightclub or something?

Kai: I'd love that... or... what about a movie? I'm so tired from class and... watching my ex get beaten and arrested.

Y/N: Y-yeah... sorry...

Kai: Don't be, I hated him, plus, I'm hoping I found an upgrade.

She squeezes my hand harder, then scoffing at the possibilities she had with him.