Chapter 10: Side-quest

Y/N POV

My socialization battery is starting to run low, which isn't good for a mission like this. 

I head to the campus post office in search for answers. 

There's a girl working the counter, probably the same age as us. 

I can tell by her slick hair, her pristine ponytail, and the make-up she has on that she doesn't want to be there.

She wants to be somewhere else, like with a boyfriend or something. 

That body language, along with the expression says it all.

I already know what answer she is going to give. 

Me and Vik walk up to her. 

Girl: Hi... 

Vik: Hi, I was supposed to receive a laptop I ordered, but I believe it was stolen. 

Girl: Student ID? 

He shows her his ID card. 

Girl: Okay... let me look... and... it says delivered? 

Vik: If it were delivered, I wouldn't be here, sorry for the rudeness but I was really expecting this computer, us engineers need it. 

Y/N: Look at the time of shipping, and the time of delivered, notice how they are within seconds of each other, don't you think that's a little suspicious? 

Girl: Umm... well... we always recommend students are at their designated housing when picking up a package, that way they can be sure they can pick up their packages. So, our best advice would be to take it up with the electronics department or store that you bought it from for a potential refund...

Y/N: Well... the problem is, we believe it's one of you guys who stole it. They won't give us a refund, because this is out of their control. Should I get university police to come help us, or... do you guys just want to give us the laptop? 

The one kid in the back sees us look back at him, then looks away, immediately sweating. 

Girl: Look, I'll be honest with you, I don't want to be here-

Y/N: Neither... do we... so where is it? You have the order number, you have his name, you marked it as delivered, so who stole it? 

She just scoffs, then shrugs her shoulders. 

I lean back and whisper in Russian. 

Y/N whispers: <How bad do you want this laptop?> 

Vik whispers: I'll give you 200 dollars.

I nod at him, smirking.

Vik watches me put my hands on her counter, then lean in and scold her, he's terrified and he's not even the target in this situation. 

Y/N: Is this really the hill that you want to be "expelled" on, defending one of your hood rat mail fiends that took my friend's laptop? 

Boy: H-hood rat...

I dart my eyes at him, and the boy bolts, taking a few boxes out with him. 

My guess is one of them is our target. 

Vik vaults over the counter and flops but chases him out the back door, causing the girl to scream in panic. 

I pull a 180 and head out the front door, then I saw the boy run left, so I head around to the grassy alleyway between the buildings and there he is. 

Just my presence alone causes him to startle and fall. 

*SHOES KICKING, SLIDE WHISTLE! THUD!*