Chapter 5: Weed-out

Y/N POV

Heimerdinger: Hello once again students! I am Doctor Heimerdinger, I only introduce myself again because we have a new face joining us! Y/N, welcome to the lab, where our students start project and learn things to better their engineering prowess.

The little Yordle comes out from behind his desk and adjusts his goggles in my direction.

Heim: Call me Heim for short, other students, get to work!

Y/N: Pleasure... Heim.

Heim: I understand that me being a Yordle and everything might be... unsettling.

Y/N: U-uh n-no at all, I was stationed with a few people and one of them was Sergeant Teemo; he was an expert with intelligence before they stationed me in Ionia, then on my own.

Heim: On your own? Wait... oh... they did say you a veteran, but not what kind...

He leans in closer, climbing on my desk.

Heim whispers: Between you and me, boy. You are most likely the smartest student in here, which has me wondering if you could help with a project of mine... eh?

Y/N whispers: I-I t-take it it's the weapon kind...

Heim whispers: For a defense company of Piltover, yes.

Y/N: No idea who that is, since I'm from Noxus but-

Heim: Even better! Come.

He gestures me to follow him along into a back room.

He flips the light, revealing a... massive turret.

I can already tell this is one to be mounted on a wall, the way the mounts and brackets are tilted and can oscillate.

Y/N: Let me guess... cooling problem? I imagine they give you a budget and you can't fill it...

Heim: Exactly! I didn't know you were such an expert!

Y/N: Biggest weakness that most bases face is... the cooling, ammunition, firing at their angles, autonomy... and... they don't think of that, just the f-fire power...

I start getting my hands on it, taking this form of... gel-cooling off.

Heim: This is less of a project I need help with and more of a test, most of my students can't figure it out.

Y/N: Gel-cooling? Water cooling? N-no... that's... not gonna work.

First day of school and I might already ace this engineering thing.

Heim: I know what I need to do, the question is... do you know, boy?

Y/N: Well... not this. Other than making the bullets smaller and faster, I recommend air cooling for a behemoth like this... and... only thing I learned was that Piltover's advanced, they have hextech. Hextech... or... hex crystal air cooling, to increase the air, or perhaps fans to push air through it. If the gun does overheat with this turbo-air-cooling, it will take less time for it to regain composure, I recommend an algorithm programmed into it so it knows when to turn off. Provided you you have multiple of these stationed, have them fire in a rotation.

Heim: Hmmm...

Y/N: Provided... this barrel looks like it was coated with some... anti-heat finish, I can tell...

I grab one of the tools that a student before me left out.

Y/N: May I?

Heim: Go ahead.

I start taking off the barrel, looking in the mechanism he made as I take off the one plate.

I rip out the rest of the gel-cooling mechanism.

The Lone Wolf (K/DA x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें