Chapter 22: Cured

Y/N POV

TIMESKIP!

It's been two more weeks since I attempted suicide. 

I went to Bard immediately, even staying in his office for periods of time. 

Kali has stayed there too, forcing me to go every day, and not letting me stop until I'm cured.

Jinx got rid of my gun, which was probably the best idea. 

Got no idea where she put it, but that thing is priceless, so I know damn well she wouldn't get rid of it. 

Heim has excused me from my class for my "exceptional work", being a teacher's pet can pay off sometimes. 

Kai and Eve? I haven't talked to them. 

Eve tried to apologize, but then Jinx sent her away for me. 

Kai... bless her... she eyes me sometimes when we pass by each other on the sidewalk, but she doesn't say a word. 

Yasuo: That was your biggest mistake, Y/N, everyone knows you don't shit where you eat. 

I sit back up after another therapy session.

Bard: So, Y/N, any urges of any kind? 

Y/N: Nope...

Bard: Any bad thoughts, feelings of doubt. 

Y/N: N-not out of the ordinary...

Bard lowers his glasses, and his eyes glow as he demands the truth. 

Y/N: Love is... complicated. 

Bard: That it is... 

Y/N: I have feelings for Akali, but I still have Eve and Kai in the back of my mind. 

Bard: So, these are the doubts you face? No... "I don't deserve this" or... "I seek salvation" that? *Rhythmic whistle* 

Y/N: You... taught me to be more accepting of my past. What I do now, can't change that, but can make up for it. Making up for the bad deeds I've done is simply doing the opposite, doing good. 

I volunteered community service last week, helping with the Thanksgiving preparations at the commons AND the main hub. 

Bard: Very good...

Y/N: I still get... flashbacks sometimes of what my life was before, and I accept that I am unwell. The only thing I am able to do now is just... keep going, for the sake of my orphanage, for the brothers and sisters I lost in battle, and to rub in my parents' face, making them atone for the sins they have committed. 

Bard: Anything else you wish to tell me? 

He crosses stuff off in his notebook. 

Y/N: Although what Evelynn did to me was wrong, part of myself is to blame, but... next time I see her, I'm going to apologize to any harm I caused to her and Kai'Sa. I was inexperienced with love, which is what Kali described. I was manipulated, and I was taught not to be manipulated, I should've said no to any and all of her advances. 

Bard: Stay close to Kali... she is a great friend... 

I nod, smirking at him. 

Bard: You have finally accepted yourself, able to live your life and know what's best for you, and others around you. You are sick, and of course, you know that, your illness may not be cured, but can be coped. However, your depression has been struck down by optimism, friendship, the care of those around you. Take that with you when you leave my office today...