Chapter 24: Defend

Y/N POV

Following the gossip session, we throw on a podcast. 

Late-Cast with Janna. 

Looks like they kicked her late-night radio show off of the air, but Spotify and other networks picked her up for this podcast. 

Her first episode? Mundo is back... spitting facts about his life in the military, now talking about his respect for Noxus, and wishing Darius is doing well. 

But... then they talk about me again. 

Janna: About Y/N...

Kali: Ohh boy... here we go. 

Kai starts giggling as I shush her. 

Mundo: Y/N... rumors have been popping up and saying he's at Piltover University, and... let Mundo be the first to say these aren't true. Same with Jinx, bless her little blue head, neither one of them are around there, as much as Mundo wanted them to live their young lives.

Mundo can be heard messing with some papers. 

Janna: Then... how can you snuff these rumors? 

Mundo: By saying they aren't true, because they really aren't. Mundo knows where they are. Jinx went to join Y/N in Noxus to help him at an orphanage. They are basically brother and sister; Mundo thinks they have a bond like no other. 

Kali: Adding Jinx to the call right now... hold up...

Janna: We're sorry here... at the studio, I had no idea about this recent loss...

Mundo: It's alright, but we all must live on, for people like them, serving their country and paying the prices for it. 

Jinx: I talked to Mundo, we're in Noxus now, you're welcome! If anyone were to come looking for us, they'd be going into the most militarized region in all of Runeterra! HAHA!!! *Soft moan* Mmm... b-babe... not now... ugh... you animal... I can't talk right now, sorry guys...

Kai is uncomfortable, and Kali is smirking in the video call. 

Kali: Hell yeah... lucky girl, honestly. 

Janna: Rumors stomped by Dr. Mundo, next portion of the night, we're going to talk about his time in the military, rather than the people more famous. 

Mundo: Heh... funny, Mundo is now more famous... interesting choice of words. 

Janna giggles a little. 

Janna: Very well, how should we start? 

PODCAST TIME! 

I got tired, so I gave Kai a hug and went back to my room to lay down. 

We're all on a video call, each listening to the podcast. 

Kai: ...Jinx really has no filter, does she?

Y/N: Fuck no, she doesn't. When she says she's going to do something, she is going to do it, or at least... has the thought of doing it. 

Kali: So... when she threatened Ekko with pegging...

Y/N: That definitely happened, but... I have no idea what that is.

Kali: Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, you have so much to learn...

Kai and Kali start giggling, while I'm just there, clueless.

VARUS POV

Val: Can you please tell Jhin this is a dumb fucking idea?! 

Kai: What do you mean? I'm in support of it...

Val: Attacking a school, all over a fucking HUNCH that Ace is there. You heard the late-night show, he is NOT there.