Chapter 23: Apologetic

Y/N POV

We arrive at my dorm, and... there's a reason I stay away from this place more often. 

Eve, and Kai. 

Both like to visit, hell... one lives here. 

Before I get out, Kali grabs my hand. 

Kali: I just wanted to say... I'm... I'm really sorry...

Y/N: For? 

Kali: You... don't remember? Calling you scum, fighting in your hall, slamming you into the door and forcing you to listen to Kai crying... it was just... my good friend kicking in... but... I guess... I only beat you and did that because I liked you, I cared about you, I wanted you to listen to the consequences of your actions...

Y/N: What I did... was really shitty, I knew that from the start. It all started from lying to Kai, poor Kai has done nothing wrong at all. Eve... she deserves some of the shit. 

Kali: Trust me, she got the shit, you seen her recently? 

Y/N: No, what happened? We talked last week and... apologized a little... we agreed to never see each other, but what's new? 

Kali holds up her phone, a selfie of Eve. 

Eve: Better now but still stings like fuck

A bold, red handprint across the side of her face. 

Kali: Kai gave that to her, for trying to talk to her the other day. Eve feels horrible, arguably worse than you. Taking advantage of you, being shitty like you, and when she tries to mend what's left of her fuck-up, she gets smacked. I can only imagine what Kai's going to do to you... Y/N, I... I only kissed you because of peer pressure...

Y/N: D-damn... I thought...

Kali: I still have feelings for you! I'm just... not ready... not until we fix this situation that we have going on... you're cured, right, you are more accepting of your past? Then analyze this like a risk and provide a solution. 

Y/N: I just thought they were talking again...

Kali: No... they fucking weren't, that ultimatum did jack shit. If I'm being honest, that made it so much worse. They were in close proximity of one another, which resulted in only violence. You... *nervous giggle* you should've seen Kai's room after that fight! Holy shit!

Y/N: So... my plan is to... go in, see what she's up to, hopefully speak to her and make things right, or... make things tolerable. 

Kali: What will you say?

Y/N: "Sorry for being an ass", how's that for a start? 

Kali: Work on that as you go up there, and... Y/N.

Y/N: Yeah? 

Kali: I'm sorry if the things I said... drove you to it... I didn't know how bad it was until... until I saw the gun in your hand, pointing at your chin-

Y/N: Shush... please... I-I want to forget about that. I knew you were concerned for Kai, and you let the bloodlust get to your head. It just shows... you care about your sisters, your squad. Something just clicked, and then you were let loose out of your cage, I know exactly what that feels like. 

Kali: I was just a dumb bitch... there's no sugarcoating that, invading your personal space and talking shit when... I didn't know what was happening in your head. Casually asking you questions in the bar on killing people... heh... it was horrible, morbid jokes but... now I see it clearly was bad taste. I never knew a veteran, and I-I'm so sorry-

The Lone Wolf (KDA x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें