22. The Finals

Everyone was waiting for the announcement that was going to happen. It had created quite a hype among the villagers.

Sarutobi came into view on the top of chunnin exam building in his Hokage attire. The crowd started cheering for their leader. Sarutobi raised his hands quieting the crowd.

"15 years ago, I retired from my office as hokage of the village leaving the responsibility of village to one Namikaze Minato."

The crowd went mad with shouting and cheering when the name of their most beloved leader was mentioned. Naruto's eye widened seeing firsthand the popularity of his old man. No one saw 4th Kazekage gritting his teeth in anger, jealousy and hatred.

"The man was strongest shinobi to ever seen since Shodaime sama himself." Hiruzen continued. "He was one who was expected to surpass the power of titans like Hashirama sama and Uchiha Madara. But unfortunately, fate had other plans. 13 years ago, a tragedy hit the village and the greatest leader to ever grace the village sacrificed himself to save his beloved village."

The crowd went silent, mourning the death of Yondaime. The crowd was so quiet that even the sound of dropping a pin could be heard.

Sandaime broke the silence "As a result, I have to take the office of Hokage once more. But now, I am past my prime. I had always wanted a successor but found no one suited for the role of Hokage. But now, I have prepared my successor to hold the leadership of village when he becomes of age."

The crowd waited with bated breath as Sarutobi presented his successor to the village "I give you my successor, the son of Yondaime Hokage, the one who had been the guardian of leaf village ever since he took his first breath. I present to you Uzumaki Namikaze Naruto."

The crowd once again started to cheer and shout as Naruto stepped forward dressed in white robes similar to hokage, with Kanji of 'Fire' on its back. A plane white pointy hat like Hokage's, was strapped to his back.

Naruto raised his hand to the crowd and the crowd went wild. The older generations were clapping politely but the younger generations went mad. Naruto after all was popular among them. 

"I am Uzumaki Namikaze Naruto" Naruto began with deep serious voice that shouldn't be of a child. Unknown to everyone, Naruto infusing his vocal cords with Kurama's chakra, inducing a genjutsu like effect that would make everyone unconsciously want to follow what he says. "And I promise to keep the village safe and prosperous even on the cost of my life."

The crowd started cheering again, Konohamaru being the loudest. Sasuke also had a supportive grin on his face.

'You really did it Naruto' Shikamaru thought. While Ino and Sakura couldn't believe what they heard.

[sometimes later]

"The first match between Hyuga Neji and Uzumaki Naruto sama, will begin now" Genma who was the proctor of third round said. Naruto was able to save Hayate, but he was still in hospital and rumors of his death were spread so that Sand and sound don't go into panic and do something leaf were not prepared for.

Neji was already on the ground. Naruto out of his ceremonial outfit shunsined in front of Neji. Neji unlike last time wasn't arrogant and spouting about fate, meaning Hiashi had already talked about Hizashi.

Neji and Naruto clashed in bout of Taijutsu. Naruto was like a bullet, attacking and dodging attacks in high speed, whereas Neji was like a wave parrying around Naruto's attacks and sometimes blocking showing that with agility he also had power.

Naruto jumped back and launched an elemental technique at Neji "Suiton: Mizurappa (Water style: water trumpet)". A stream of water at a high velocity, capable of cutting through rocks due to its high flow rate and pressure, was shot towards Neji.