3. The Progress!

Six years, had been good for his development and Sasuke's. Naruto didn't run Sasuke ragged, as he believed Sasuke should have some of his childhood normal, because unlike Naruto who was a young man in child's body, Sasuke was actually a child.

Still Naruto had made sure Sasuks train hard, and that he didn't waste his time brooding. In Taijutsu, Naruto had spars with him regularly, so that he could hone his 'interceptor fist'. He had made Sasuke go through weight training to increase his speed. Sasuke had awakened the Uchiha kekkei genkai 'sharingan' in one of spars with Naruto. Currently, Sasuke had 2 tomoes in both his eyes. On Sasuke's pleutant whinnings, Naruto had to teach him various 'katon' techniques, such as 'Hoesenka no jutsu (pheonix fire technique)', 'Ryuka no jutsu (fire dragon technique)', 'Endan(flame bomb)', 'Karyudan(dragon flame bullet) and 'karyuendan(dragon flame bomb)'.

On Naruto's insistence, Sasuke learnt all techniques without his 'sharingan', so that he could grasp the concepts of fire manipulation. Naruto had to admit that Sasuke was a delightful student and a genius. He didn't took much time to learn things Naruto taught to him, unlike Naruto who had to use shadow clones to speed up his techniques. Sasuke was also able to perform the pheonix fire technique and the dragon flame technique in conjunction (like he did to Orochimaru in chunin exams), without Naruto giving him any idea of technique.

Naruto had left the lightning manipulation for Kakashi, afterall Sasuke and Kakashi bonded during chunnin exam training.

Naruto also encouraged Sasuke to train his 'Sharingan genjutsu' from clan scrolls, as last time Sasuke knew only handful of sharingan genjutsu from vast amount of techniques present in clan, which would have made Sasuke more lethal. Afterall Genjutsu takes less reserves and having vast pool of genjutsu technique would help Sasuke dismantle many of his opponents without wasting much chakra. Uchiha Itachi was a prime example of Genjutsu prowess.

Naruto himself hadn't slacked off a bit in his training. He would disguise himself using his patent 'solid henge' and try to spar with Gai as much as he could. Naruto's style which was mixture of basic academy Taijutsu, given by Sarutobi Hiruzen, and the Strong fist came along fine as he fought with opponents like Gai. Even though he wasn't on level of Taijutsu he could do at his teen years, he had to accept that he was more skilled than his past self.

In addition to that Naruto had completed his elemental manipulation training in all 5 elements. He had paid extra attention to water and earth as wind was easy enough for him as he had trained it in his past life. Naruto was able to form perfect chakra enforced wood, which was as strong as Steel. Naruto had used his pro efficiency in Mokuton, to replace many of his furniture. He had even sold many to earn money, under the disguise of his 'solid henge'.

Due to his studies in fuinjutsu, as he had learnt Shodaime Hokage had often used fuinjutsu in conjunction of 'Mokuton', he was able to write a seal with kanji for 'vigilant' on his palm to disrupt any foreign chakra (other than Hashirama's and Kurama's) entering his body. As a result he was completly immune to effects of Genjutsu. He was confident even Itachi's 'Tsukyomi' wouldn't be able to effect him. Though he still wanted for Kurama to wake up. The chakra disruption done by the seal was a bit unpleasant whereas Kurama could break the Genjutsu without him noticing. In addition to that the seal made medical ninjutsu used on him quite useless.

Naruto had made sure to make his name into politics, so that he could be atleast Rokudaime Hokage if not Godaime.  For that he had convinced Sandaime Hokage, to keep him in his office to arrange the papers (which weren't classified). Naruto had made sure to curb the powers of civilians and even foiled many of Danzo's plans as he had seprated those papers from other requests for Hiruzen to recheck and sign. Other than anomity earned by Danzo and Civilian council, Naruto also earned recognisation from villagers, who even though hated him understood that he played important role in village, which established him in politics of the villags. Not that things got better. Due to him earning ire of civilian council, the attacks on him by thugs and drunks got higher. Though he didn't have to take any steps as each of attempts were crushed by anbu and some jounins.  He was sure he had recognised Kakashi behind his anbu mask and Genma, the proctor of Chunin exams finals among them.

As Naruto had taken the responsiblity of arranging requests, Iruka's workload lessened as other than academy he only had to assign missions. Working together had worked wonders for their bond and Naruto had relationship of comradrie with Iruka, rather than only parental relationships like last time.

For his image to have impact, Naruto had improved his ranks in academy. Not that Naruto worried for not being placed in team 7. He will fail the final exam anyway which will lead him to be the deadlast and placed with team 7. So he boasted some of his skills getting top ranks among academy students.

Just a day before, Naruto had given Hiruzen his savings from past 6 years to buy the house, Naruto himself had bought after the war. Naruto wanted to secure the house, before anyone else could claim it. Having private training ground also helped his desicion. As a result Hiruzen had bought said house for him, returning most of his money because Hiruzen had paid half the price himself, as a gift for him surrogate grandson.

Due to spending a large amount of time in Hokage office, Naruto had become closer to Konohamaru earlier. They had the same relationship as last time around, only Naruto taking more active part in his surrogate little brother's training. He had taught Konohamaru the  theory 'bunshins' which caused the little boy to laugh because Naruto himself couldn't do it. The 'henge' technique was also thought to him by Naruto which later led on Konohamaru to learn the 'Solid henge' that he couldn't keep up for long time. Still Konohamaru was happy that he was able to defeat his grandfather using the 'Oiroke no jutsu (Sexy jutsu)' which was one of applications of 'solid henge'. Ofcourse, Kanna Sarutobi, or the Anbu Saru, wasn't as happy as Konohamaru, which lead to spankings the poor boy got from her. At the time, Naruto was teaching Konohamaru the basics of 'kawarimi (body replacement) technique'.

All in all Naruto was happy and progressing better than he did last time around.