13. Chunnin Exams -2

As Naruto had told Sasuke, Kakashi had informed them about chunnin exam and that they had to submit given forms in academy if they wanted to participate.

Naruto was interrupted by Konohamaru and his friends who asked him to play ninja with them. Naruto ruffled his hair and said he would do I some other time as he was busy now.

Sakura had interrupted making fun of them asking why would a ninja play ninja with kids. Before Naruto could defuse the situation, Konohamru had asked if she was his girlfriend.  Naruto answered in negetive saying that she was too loud and obnoxious for his taste ironically giving Sakura's reason for finding him annoying in last life.

Konohamaru had praised his big brother at the desicion adding the facts that she had a big forehead and flat where it matters.

Before he could defuse the situation, Sakura had already started chasing Konohamaru and his friends. Shaking his head he followed them.

Similar to last time, Konohamaru collapsed into Kankuro who had grabbed him and was going to punch him.

Naruto made his presence known causing Temari to blush. He asked Kankuro to let Konohamaru go politely, but Kankuro abstained to do so even after the warning from Temari. Before Naruto could say anything else, Kankuro fell down on his knees screaming.

Naruto looked back to see Sasuke standing on tree branch looking down at Kankuro with his sharingan activated. He groaned and facepalmed, whereas Temari, Sakura and Moegi blushed at seeing him.

'Woh! Hidden leaf does have handsome shinobis' Temari thought to herself thinking about Naruto and Sasuke.

'So cool!' Moegi screamed in her mind.

"Go Sasuke-kun!" Sakura unlike other females present screeched making everyone wince at the volume.

"Sasuke, release him from genjutsu. They are guests from hidden sand and are the Kazekage's children." Sasuke did so and Kankuro stood up shakily on his feet while trying to take out his puppet for attacking the leaf shinobis and saving whatever was left of his pride after being dismantled by only a look from opponent.

Naruto then interrupted Kankuro "And I have to ask you to stop what you are doing. The boy here is Sarutobi Konohamaru, the grandson of Sandaime hokage. If you had hit him or physically harassed him anymore, the hidden ANBU from his protection detail would have detained you."

Kankuro stopped after the warning when the cold and monotonous voice, that Naruto recognised to be of one of his close friends Gaara was heard "Kankuro, stop disgracing our village."

"G-Gara when did you came here?" Kankuro stuttered.

Naruto shook his head at Kankuro trying to give excuses and Gaara threatening him. He had already planned to reseal Shukaku inside Gaara with proper seal. But that had to wait until after Invasion.

Naruto stopped the byplay between sand siblings as he introduced himself "Hello, I am Uzumaki Naruto of the leaf."

Sasuke flickered next to Naruto as he also introduced himself "Uchiha Sasuke".

Gaara looked at them for a moment, then he sported a bloodthirsty grin on his face "I am Sabaku no Gaara. Mother says you are strong. I will enjoy spilling your blood to proove my existence."

He then left with his siblings in a sand shunsin.

"Whats up with him?" Sasuke asked after they had seprated from Sakura to go to Ichiraku's.

"He had Ichibi sealed inside him. The seal used on him is not suitable for holding Bijuu. It makes Shukaku uncomfortable and in return he doesn't lets Gaara sleep and manipulates him to he more bloodthirsty." Naruto answered.

"He must be very strong." Sasuke contemplated.

"You are stronger than him, until he goes tailed beast form an releases Shukaku. Your sharingan hadn't developed enough to supress Shukaku, so leave him to me." Naruto exaplained and Sasuke nodded in understanding.

They ate their food and left to get ready for chunnin exams.

Next day, they met at academy. Sasuke and Naruto quickly saw through the genjutsu. Sasuke was going to ask them to drop it but Naruto stopped him. They moved forward ignoring a boy in green spandex who was getting beat by two of kids.

They had only covered one fleet of stairs when the same boy in green spandex, bowl cut and sporting bushy eyebrows stopped them. He made googly eyes at Sakura and asked her for date promising to protect her, which she rejected.

He then moved to Sasuke "I am Rock Lee, the strongest gennin in the exams."

Sasuke almost snorted but kept his impassive face "I have heard you are strongest of your generation. Let's fight to see which one of us is stronger."

Naruto knew Sasuke would easily defeat current Rock Lee, as he was even stronger than Gaara who Lee couldn't defeat even with his inner gates, but he was still curious to see what would happen this time.

Unlike last time when Sasuke was caught off gaurd due to Lee's speed, this time around Sasuke was comparable to Lee in both taijutsu and speed.

Sasuke was contemplating weather he should use his reserves before the exam but with a prompting nudge by Naruto he agreed.

They both took their stance and faced each other. Lee sped towards Sasuke and Sasuke's eyes widened at his speed. Lee kicked Sasuke hard and sent him flying.

Sakura gasped at seeing Sasuke being beat by Lee but Naruto only had a small grin on his face.

Sasuke made a show of activating his sharingan and Lee again attacked successfully scoring hits on Sasuke.

"Even though you can see my attacks coming with your sharingan, your body isn't trained to defend my speed. You simpley can't react fast enough to counter my speed." Lee lectured.

Naruto already had an idea of what was going to happen so he anyhow contained his snort at Lee's words.

Lee then kicked Sasuke in the air with a 'Konoha senpou' to his chin sending him high in air.

'Kage buyou (dancing leaf shadow)' and flickered himself behind Sasuke while loosing his bandages and letting them wrap around Sasuke.

He then flipped them upside down and started to fall down in spiraling motion.

"Take this Omote Renge (primary lotus)" Lee shouted as he slamed Sasuke down on Hard floor.

"SASUKE-KUN!!" Sakura shouted in worry, but was held back by Naruto to not interfere.

Naruto knew that Gai sensei would have stopped it already but he wanted Lee to learn the lesson to not underestimate others so he covered the turtle summon with wide area genjutsu.

On the other side, Lee was standing over Sasuke's uncounsious body.

"This prooves that hardwork trumps geniuses like you. You may be the strongest of your graduating class, but you were nothing against my hardwork." Lee said his hands relaxed as he rewrapped the bandages.

"Is that so?" came a voice he knows to be Sasuke's. Then he felt a Kunai on the throat drawing blood. His eyes went down to see if Sasuke's body was still there.

The scene pulsed and shattered like glass breaks If smashed with a hammer.

Sasuke was standing behind Lee with Kunai to his neck. The bandages were still at his hands and there was no damage to surrounding. It was like the fight never happened.

"G-Genjutsu. When? I allways had my eyes on your feet while fighting." Lee stuttered.

"The moment you looked into my eyes while introducing yourselves." Sasuke replied coldly.

Lee wanted to shout about unfairness but was stopped when Gai sensei appeared and started berating him. He then introduced himselves to team 7 as Kakashi's rival with him being ahead by 2 points in their rivalry score.

Team 7 left and were greeted by their sensei at the doors of 3rd floor. He told them if they all had not come together, they wouldn't have been allowed in the exams. He then wished them luck and sent them in.