18. Updating Sasuke

"Ugh!" Sasuke groaned as he woke up from his chakra-exhaustion induced slumber. His eye widened as he remembered fighting the snake sannin as he started to look around.

"Morning!" Naruto, who was sitting beside Sasuke and going through some of his fuinjutsu notes, greeted his teammate.

"N-Naruto, What happened?" Sasuke asked.

"Well for one congratulations! You awakened the strongest of the dojutsu in elemental nations. Secondly, with the help of your newly awakened 'Rinnegan', you stopped Orochimaru long enough for me to take us all out of there. And third, due to number of participants exceeding the expected limit, a preliminary is being arranged to shorten the number of chunnin participants." Naruto recited.

Sasuke touched his left eye and looked at Naruto "You know how I awakened it, don't you?"

Naruto smiled and nodded "To awaken the rinnegan, that is said to be dojutsu of Sage of Six path, you have to get Senju or Uzumaki DNA with Uchiha DNA and sage chakra. When my eye which carried the Uzumaki information was added to your Uchiha DNA along with sage chakra that my cells uncounsiouly stored whenever I underwent Sage mode transformation, confirmed that you will awaken it. I transfered little amount of Kyubi's chakra to fasten the process, but when Orochimaru's curse mark that stored uncontrolled natural chakra was released into you, it triggered immidiate awakening."

"So you already planned to give me the rinnegan?" Sasuke asked.

"Hey, I promised you that I will help you becoming stronger, didn't I?" Naruto smiled.

Sasuke had a small smile of gratitude on his face but then he frowned "Wouldn't it be problematic if everyone knew how to awaken the rinnegan. I mean both of our families, if we have them in future would be targeted for it."

Naruto shook his head "Not everybody knows about it. And It actually doesn't works with everyone. Sigh! I wanted to wait a bit before telling you about this but I guess now will be the time."

Sasuke looked confused but Naruto explained after taking a breath "Sasuke, this method doesn't work for everyone. There have to be one special circumstance. For this, I have to tell you about the two son of Sage of Six paths. The elder one was Indra, who had inherited the eyes of the sage in form of mutation, called the sharingan. He was the originator of Uchiha clan. Indra was a genius, even smarter than his father. He was also the one who was the founder of handsigns, that help us to do ninjutsu. The younger one was Asura, who inherited the body and Chakra of sage. Later Asura gave birth to two clans, Senju who inherited the body of the sage and Uzumaki who inherited the chakra. He, unlike his brother was just above average in his studies and prowess, though later on he invented the branch of 'iryo-ninjutsu (medical ninjutsu)'. Indra tressured Asura above everything else. Taking the advantage of Indra's love for Asura, a creature called 'Black Zetsu' started corrupting him. He forced Indra to see the need of power to protect his younger brother. This lead to Indra believing that peace can only be achieved by power and thus started isolating himself from everyone. Asura, who had grown surrounded by friends believed that peace had to be maintained with love. The sage of Six path leaning towards Asura's idea of peace, announced his as the hier to ninshu. This angered Indra who rebelled. Indra had advanced his occular prowess, and so he attacked the celebration that was going on for Asura's succession with powers he never wielded before. Being a genius he was, he had gotten enough understanding of his occular prowess to lay waste on Asura and his followers single handedly. But until then, Asura had inherited the special 'Six path chakra' from his father and used it to defeat Indra. They both continued fighting for decades to proove whose philosophy was better. They also dragged their families and later clan Uchiha and Senju in this long battle. But the personal battle between Asura and Indra didn't stop after their death. By their sheer willpower, they broke the law of nature of being only birthed and die once. Their chakra clinged to their chosen descendant's chakra. Madara as reincarnation of Indra and Hashirama as reincarnation of Asura were actually the last reincarnation of Otsutsuki brothers. For the rinnegan to be awakened, the wielder should be one of reincarnations of either brother."

Sasuke's eye widened at the information he got from Naruto. He shakily pointed at himself "T-That means...'gulp'... I am the current reincarnation of Indra!"

"You are correct. But that is not only thing, I, Uzumaki Naruto am the current reincarnation of Otsutsuki Ashura, and thus a part of our chakra used to belong to two brothers." Naruto said smiling.

Sasuke was shocked "Why would you help me then? Wouldn't that mean we are going to be enemies?"

"Haha ha ha Haa haaa!" Naruto started laughing. Sasuke frowned at him, Naruto raised his hands "Sasuke, it is never fixed for us to be enemies. I am going to break the cycle of reincarnation of hatred in this life. We are brothers Sasuke and we allways will be. No chakra of two old men lost in time is going to change that."

Sasuke smiled at Naruto's words and vowed that he will never betray Naruto's trust.

"Say Naruro, if the rinnegan is so powerful, then why don't  you try to awaken it for yourself?" Sasuke asked a bit confused.

"It's simple Sasuke. The reason behind my lack of attempts to awaken rinnegan is that I don't need it. Atleast not now. The Mokuton and senjutsu have immense potential Sasuke, the only weakness a sage that holds Mokuton have is against time space techniques and against the opponents who are very very fast. And I am pretty sure I can find a counter to those two with my fuinjutsu." Naruto replied.

Sasuke nodded in acceptance. He then saw the scrolls at his bedside and looked at Naruto for explanation.

"These are some of techniques of rinnegan I know. In addition to that, the rinnegan provides one ability to it's wielder, unique to him or her. That you have to find it on your own. I will ask you to only focus on Gravity manipulation powers of rinnegan for now. You may also try the summoning technique. For other things, you must let your body mature to be able to handle strain of those techniques. Some of perks of Rinnegan are affinity to all elements and perfect use of chakra, that is, you will be able to use your techniques without wasting your chakra. The rinnegan, also fastens natural healing rate a bit, though it won't increase your durability or give you regenerative powers."

Naruto laughed at seeing Sasuke almost pout at his regeneration. Naruto just smirked, knowing once he mastered the fineness of Chakra control Hashirama had, he would be able to regerate even the lost limbs without help of Kurama.

"I have also asked Anko to consider making you sign snake contract." Naruto started, as he wanted for Sasuke to have his bond with Aoda from last life. Naruto knew Sasuke didn't have any friends other than Aoda and Garuda, his two summons during his nukenin years.

Naruto raised his hands to stop Sasuke's protest "Look Sasuke, The snakes are really powerful allies to have. Additionally, they would also compliment some of your fighting style. You still don't have any move to incapacitate your opponents other than genjutsu, and you know it maynot work on some opponents, like me. The snakes could help you in that and they are also very helpful in missions like assasination and espionage."

Sasuke relented after seeing the advantages the summoning could give him. He then asked about the preliminaries, which Naruto told him will be held in 2 days. Naruto then took the other bed and started to doze off, to get complete rest.