21. Training for Finals

Sasuke had just signed the snake contract. He went to Naruto for their usual training but Naruto lead him to the memorial stone.

"Yo kaka-sensei!" Naruto greeted Kakashi who was standing in front of the stone.

Kakashi turned back "Eh~ Naruto! Sasuke-kun too. What can I help you with? I thought you both would be already training for finals."

Naruto deadpanned "It's your job to train us."

"Maah! Maah!" Kakashi waved his hands dismissivly "You are doing a good enough job anyways."

"Shut up Idiot!" Naruto shouted. He then cleared his throat "Anyways, you will be training Sasuke for this week. Weilding the rinnegan, he innately knows all about nature transformation so there will be no training needed in that. You can just teach him a shit load of jutsu and give him ideas how to use them. He is already creative in his use of ninjutsu, your guidance will help. Other than that, help him train with his newly gained snake contract and some of rinnegan techniques we were able to find."

Kakashi was shocked. He looked at Sasuke who himself had similar expression on his face.

"Hey, don't need to be so awkward. Think it as your student-teacher bonding time." Naruto waved at them.

"What about you? Won't you take part in the 'bonding' as you called it?" Sasuke asked.

Naruto had a smirk on his face "I have a godfather to meet and greet. So maybe next time. Ja ne!"

With that he disappeared in a golden flash, shocking Kakashi, who just shook his head and thought it was illusion. He then looked at Sasuke who had an eager but dreaded expression on his face.

"Why the long face Sasuke? I am not that bad, am I?" Kakashi near-pouted.

Sasuke's deadpan stare was only answer he got.

[With Hiashi and Neji]

When Neji was called to Hiashi's office, he thought he was going to be punished for attacking Hinata in rage. He was surprised when Hiashi said he was going to train him.

"Hiashi-sama! You don't need to do such a thing.  I will be fine on my own. I am sure you would have lots of important work to do." Neji said.

"No Neji. You are pride of the clan and the opponent you are facing is a strong one. The techniques I will be teaching you will help you in it. But first, I will be telling you the truth behind death of your father."

Saying this, Hiashi produced a scroll which had last words from Hizashi. "I should have probably given it to you a bit earlier, but I didn't think you were ready. I didn't want you to hate your father thinking he abandoned you."

Neji shakily took the scroll and started reading it. After that followed a small emotional episode with head of Hyuga clan stating his helplessness as he saw his brother drinking the poison in front of him, even though he himself was fully prepare to give up his life.

Neji also understood why his father has given up his life. He had went down on his own, not at the wishes of clan elders to save the clan head. But a brother saving his brother's life.

After that Neji humbly accepted the training vowing to right everything he had been doing wrong until now.

[With Jiraiya]

Jiraiya was taking a peek in hot springs before he was to meet his godson, who apparently knew about his parents, which he was not supposed to know about until he had matured. He apparently also knew about him being his godfather. He also heard his godson was very strong for his age and that he was also going to succeed the sandaime as Hokage. He was of course very proud even he didn't contribute to it.