8. The first real mission!

"Sensei... I sense 2 hostiles" Naruto informed.

After long series of catching Tora, painting fences, delivering parcels and babysitting brats; well not Konohamaru, he was actually cool and eager to learn everything Naruto can teach him; they finally got a C-rank mission, that also on insistence of Naruto. So here they are, escorting the bridge builder Tazuna to the wave country.

Kakashi just grunted and signalled them to keep moving forward.

As soon as they past the familiar puddle of water, the Demon brothers appeared, wrapped Kakashi with their spiked chains and tore him apart. Sakura screamed at Kakashi's supposed death.

Sasuke had caught onto Kawarimi and Naruto had already lived this moment. He went on completing his hand signs that ended on bird "Fuuton: Senpūha (wind style: whirlwind wave)". He sent strong spiraling waves of wind towards the feet of Demon brothers.

The jutsu blasted the chunnin enemies away, while pushing Naruto and his team back.

"Sasuke!" Naruto alerted.

"Hai!" Sasuke replied as he activated his dojutsu and looked into downed enemies' eyes "Genutsu: sharingan". The demon brothers saw themselves in completely dark room while glared by two tomoe, sharingan eye.

"Sleep" ordered a voice and both enemies were knocked out.

Kakashi appeared in front of them at exact moment with a thumbs-up.

"You are alive!" Sakura shouted happily.

"Yeah! I used the substitution technique. Naruto, Sasuke good job dealing with hostiles. Sakura you too, you moved to protect the client." He then turned to Tazuna "We are going to have a long talk."

After that, Tazuna revealed to them the situation about wave and Gato. Kakashi mused about the mission changing to B or possible A-rank, due to presence of Jounin level Shinobi.

Sasuke didn't want to go back and Sakura just agreed with Sasuke. Kakashi looked at Naruto who grinned and answered "It won't look good at my resume if I abandon my first mission, would it?"

Kakashi shook his head and declared they will be continuing the mission but Tazuna will have to pay the fee of A-rank mission after they short out economy of wave. Tazuna agreed to that happily, and all took rest for the day and decided to move forward next day.

They started early morning and with the help of a ferryman. Sakura complimented Tazuna about the bridge which made him puff his chest. Naruto was able to sense Zabuza and even Haku.

He informed Kakashi "Two chakra signature, one hostile, emitting Killing intent."

Sakura was starting to shake a bit gripping her kunai tightly. Other's were on alert.

"GET DOWN!" Kakashi shouted as he dodged the flying projectile, protecting Tazuna.

Sasuke tackled Sakura down and Naruto just jumped out of the way.

"Copy Ninja Hatake Kakashi. A-ranked, Jounin. No wonder the demon brothers failed." The man who had concealed his face with bandages spoke. Naruto recognised him as Zabuza.

"Kirigakure no kijin, Momochi Zabuza. A-ranked, Missing nin. As for the demon brothers, they were defeated by my gennins." Kakashi replied releasing his chakra to calm down his gennin.

"Hmm... doesn't look like much, must be lucky shot. Anyways, handover the bridge builder and you are free to go with brats." Zabuza offered.

"Can't do that Zabuza." Kakashi replied.

"Oh, very well. Your bad." Zabuza said as he started emitting heavy Killer intent on Konoha ninja and Tazuna. Sakura and Tazuna looked like they would go unconscious any moment. Sasuke was holding because Naruto had trained him to withstand KI, specially to counter Orochimaru in Forest of death.

"Kirigakure no jutsu (hidden mist technique)" Zabuza called out as Chakra laden mist started surrounding the area.

Zabuza goes on tirade about how he could kill them by striking eight spots on their body, while Kakashi counters Zabuza's KI with his own, and tells everyone that he will protect them.

"I don't think so Kakashi." Zabuza dropped above the defensive formation of team seven, with his sword high to strike.

"Sasuke!" Naruto shouted and Sasuke understood the call. Naruto and Sasuke both spring kicked Zabuza towards Kakashi, who stabbed him with Kunai.

The Zabuza turned into water.

"Not bad for wet behind ears gennin, but still Jo enough to defeat me" Zabuza said "And now die", with the Zabuza swung his blade at Kakashi bisecting him into two. To his surprise, Kakashi also turned into puddle of water.

"I see, so you copied my jutsu." Zabuza said.

"Yes, and now its over." Kakashi replied as he appeared at Zabuza's back and stabbed him.

"You never learn Kakashi" Zabuza's voice came from behind and the Zabuza he stabbed again turned into water.

"Wait! This water is heavy" Kakashi exclaimed.

"Too late! Suiton: Suiro no justsu (water style: water prison technique)" and Kakashi was trapped inside sphere made of water. Zabuza made multiple water clones to attack Team 7.

He shouted to his team "Take the client and Run. He is too much for you."

Naruto shook his head "Don't worry, we just need you out of there." He went through hand signs and Calle out "Sasuke, bring the fire."

Sasuke nodded and they both released their ninjutsu "Doton: Iwadeppo no jutsu (Earth style: stone pistol technique)/ Katon: Ryuka no justu (fire style: dragon flame technique)"

The earthen projectiles of Naruto increased their size, lit on flames destroyed each water clones.

Sasuke didn't stop, he performed diffrent hand signs "Katon: Hoesenka no jutsu (fire style: pheonix flame technique)", diffrent constructs of fire zigzagged, locking on Zabuza like missiles. Zabuza knew he wouldn't be able to block numerous projectiles with his sword, so he have to release the water prison and jumped away.

"Damn brats! I will kill you for this." Zabuza growled as he prepared to throw his sword towards them, but was kicked to the river by Kakashi who stood before him.

"Your fight is with me" Kakashi warned.

Zabuza went on with Handsings at Great speed, Kakashi following him with same hand signs a bit faster.

"Suiton: Syuiryudan no justu (water style: water dragon bullet)" Both announced at the same time and two water dragona clashed cancelling each other and sending Shockwaves around.

"You can't defeat me..." Zabuza started.

"...you Red eyed monkey!" Kakashi finished.

Zabuza was shocked as he saw Kakashi doing same hand seals and thought to himself 'Its as If he ...."

".....is reading my mind." Kakashi again finished for him.

Zabuza was shocked as he saw his own slithouse forming upon Kakashi "Can you..."

".... see the future. Yes, I can. And your future is death." Kakashi took advantage of Zabuza's shock and completed the handsigns before him "Suiton: Bakushouha (water style: explosive shock wave)".

The wave of chakra manipulated water hit Zabuza hard seriously injuring him. Kakashi went to finish his job, but stopped as a senbon lodged into Zabuza's neck, and he dropped dead.

"Thankyou. I have been looking for him on the order of Mizukage. I will take I from here." Before Naruto could interrupt, the hunternin disappeared with Zabuza.

Kakashi fell unconscious due to chakra exhaustion and Tazuna lead team 7 to his home.