10. Battle of the bridge!

Naruto's eyes widened at the scene he saw on bridge. Sakura was cradling an unconscious Sasuke, who looked like had lost one eye. At some distance from him, there was a half burnt corpse, which Naruto knew was Haku. Seeing the fire, he understood Sasuke had killed him. Zabuza also dead with hole in his chest.

"Naruto! Where were you?" Kakashi questioned.

"At Tazuna's. Gato had hired Raiga Kurosaki to bring in Tazuna's family. I have to deal with him." Naruto replied.

Kakashi was shocked "And you won?"

"I am here, am I not?" Naruto retorted a bit annoyed.

What are these kids now a days. Sasuke defeated Haku, who Zabuza admitted, surpassed him in combat, and Naruto had defeated one of seven swordsman of the mist. He then looked at Sakura who was being useless and loosing fat tears at Sasuke's condition, he ammended shaking his head "Never mind!"

"What happened here?" Naruto questioned.

"Well..." Kakashi started.

[Flashback]

Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura arrived at the bridge escorting Tazuna and were shocked to see the workers knocked out. Zabuza and the 'hunter nin' were already waiting for them.

"Kakashi, the time the outcome will be diffrent." Zabuza growled, his words laced with heavy Killer intent as he formed 5 'mizu bunshins (water clones)'.

"We will see about that." Kakashi replied but unlike his nonchalant self, he was serious.

Zabuza saw Sasuke shaking and scoffed "One of your gennin is shaking with fear and, you say such things with that much confidence."

Sasuke smirked "I am not shaking out of fear. I am shaking out of excitement."

Kakashi shook his head and delivered orders "Sakura stay back and protect Tazuna. Sasuke you will fight with me."

Sasuke nodded and in a burst of speed destroyed every clones of Zabuza, by running Kunai through them.

"Oho Haku! Looks like the brat will be match for your speed." Zabuza commented.

"Hai Zabuza-sama. But I will not loose." Haku spoke confidently.

Sasuke and Haku launched at each other clashing Sasuke's Kunai and Haku's senbon multiple times.

"Your one hand is occupied. You can't use ninjutsu. I have an upperhand." Haku said in monotone.

"It's same for you!" Sasuke shouted trying to gain upperhand in clash of weapons.

"Not quite" Haku said as he started one hand seals surprising Sasuke and Kakashi.

"Hijutsu: Sensatsu suisho (secret technique: thousand flying water needles of death)".

From the water puddle, water raised and change Shape into multiple needles, zooming towards Sasuke.

Sasuke focused chakra in his feet and jumped away, Haku doing the same.

"Katon: Gokakyu no jutsu (fire style: Great fireball technique)". Sasuke sent a fireball evaporating each of Haku's water needles.

Haku himself had to jump back three times avoiding shurikens when he heard a voice "You seem like an idiot to me."

Sasuke kicked him towards Zabuza.

"Looks like I am better in speed than you." Sasuke taunted.

"You are going easy on him Haku. Don't be naive." Zabuza scolded.