Chapter 40

Connor's POV

A glistening white piece of paper is now lying in my hands. I open the paper and in side is a note and a few pictures. I turn towards the camper after I read the first line. "Don't tell Layla."

As much as it hurts, I know I have to cut off my link with Layla. I can't have her in my mind reading this sheet of paper. It holds the truth about Layla's whole life. If I let her read this it will shut her down. All of the lies that she's known, over the past 10 years, it will just break her. I sit down on a stump and read the note.

My name is Lukas, I am 17 years old, and I'm Layla's twin. I sent you some pictures along with this letter, to prove it to you.

The first photo is of Layla and I when we were 3 weeks. The second is a picture is of us on the swing set at our mom's house when we were 6. That was just before I was taken.

The final two are very important. Now I promise you I love Layla so much and I would never do anything to hurt either of you or my nieces and nephew.

The first one is your baby, Nora. The second one is me holding Nora. She is doing fine, holding her head up, cooing a lot.

All I want is for you guys to get her back, but it's going to be a little difficult with Jedediah. So I need your cooperation. Only tell Layla that you have a bit more information on Nora. Tell her, your guys found this picture of her. Do not tell her of me, and only show her the picture of Nora alone.

If you fail to do this we will all be in danger. I will be killed, Nora might be harmed, and without me you have no chance of getting to Nora.

Sincerely, your brother in-law Lukas.

*****************

Layla's POV.

I'm so close to finding my baby, and yet I'm still far away. The twins are only 3 months old, and life is crazy. I have no idea where my aunt or Jedediah are. And neither do you, the readers. There is hope, another book, a sequel. It's called Mistake. Look for it under the author's, that's me mjcutewriter, works.

Will I ever get my baby back? Will I ever know the truth? You don't know till you read the next book so go put it in your library. Thank you for reading my story. We have about 1,000 people reading it. So thank you so much from the author and from me, Layla Jones. Please comment so we can make my story better or leave it how you like it. Sorry for the cliff hanger, but that comes with a good book. Sorry and thanks again.

Sincerely Layla Jones, the 16 year old pregnant girl, the 17 year old mother of three but the child caretaker of two. The werewolf, the dad less child, the niece of a kidnapper. The girl who's life is made up of lies.