Chapter 28

Layla POV

It's been two weeks since we moved in. I finally finished setting up, and the only thing left to do is paint the babies rooms. I haven't heard from Connor since I left and it's really starting to worry me.

I try to keep myself occupied so that the babies don't get stressed out. Which is why I've invited Ruth and Karis to come move in with me. Three floors above mine is the same layout, so it's perfect for them.

I had Jillian help me paint all of those rooms yesterday, hoping that the smell will leave before they arrive from Florida tomorrow. Now all I can do is wait around and do nothing. So I knit. one blanket for Naomi and one blanket for Noah.

While I knit I let my mind wander. I am thinking about what to paint the Twins' bedroom, until my thoughts are interrupted by my phone ringing. I pick it up and look at the screen. I gasp and drop my phone. Then quickly pick it back up, and answer it.

"Connor, why wouldn't you call me sooner. I've been trying to get a hold of you all week and you are just calling me now?!?!" I take a deep breath and am about to continue when Connor stops me.

"Layla." He pauses, "I made a mistake being with you, I was just using you to get a child to be the next alpha. Don't come back to me. I don't want to see the kids u till they're 16. You can stay in the house you are in now, to raise the kids in. Goodbye Layla."

"Breath Layla breath, I'm sure he didn't mean it." Megan tells me, however I can't, I'm already hyperventilating. Jillian comes into the room at just the right time. She helps me out of the rocking chair and into my bed.

Once I calm myself down and am breathing normally again, I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. What's happening to me?

"I think you are going into early labor" Megan tells me.