Chapter 34

Rebecca POV (Layla's mom)

I don't know what that boy did to my daughter but I will get to the bottom of this. They need to be together again, it's not healthy for mates to be apart this long especially with new pups.

However I want Layla to make the call. It needs to be her decision, so I need to find out what happened with her and Connor. Layla obviously doesn't want to talk about it so the next thing to do is to contact Connor.

"Hello?" Answers a sad and lonely voice, which I take to be Connor's

"Hi, Connor? This is Layla's mom. I need you to tell me what happened to her."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I just found her, after being separated for at least 12 years, and the first thing she asks me to do is keep her son as far away from her as possible because she doesn't want him as a constant reminder of you. Nor does she want you anywhere near either of them. I think you did something."

"Yes I did, but only to save her and the babies."

Connor continued to tell me about how he got captured and was forced to say all that stuff to Layla.

"Ok well I'll text you her number and you better get back together with her. She needs you. She needs her baby back. And she needs your help to raise her children." And with that said I hung up on him.

*************************************
Layla POV

So I'm sitting at home with Naomi when I get a call from an unknown number. Thinking that it's my mom, I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Layla, she told me you don't want me in his life, and that I'm nothing to you any more. She told me you just wanted my sympathy and that it's someone else's baby. Want to be in their lives Layla and there is nothing you can do to stop me from wanting that."

Then I hear some girl on the same line start to speak. "Shut up Connor it's true, I don't even know why you want to be with her. She was only using you."

"Clara leave now. I don't need your input." He shout back, while trying to stop the sobs coming from his mouth. And in that moment I break down as well.

"Layla I never wanted to say the stuff I did to you. Either I said that stuff or your brother was going to hurt you and the babies and I couldn't let that happen. I love you Layla I really do."

"Hold up, did you say brother?"

"Yes, your brother, Jedediah. He's the one who raped Ruth, captured me, and tried to hurt you."

"But I don't have a brother, do I?"