Chapter 3

Hey everyone. This is my first book ever. I hope you like it. Please comment and give me some ideas to improve. Thanks.

Aunt Isabel POV

As much as I love my dear niece, I love my brother even more. I hope she can forgive me, oh wait, she won't find out. Speaking of Layla, she was supposed to be down here 10 minutes ago. She might not know yet but we are having dinner with the town's alpha, tonight. I trying to get a job as his assistant, and eventually take over the world. I mean make peace in the world.

Layla POV

I quickly sneak into my room and get changed into a nice dress, after taking a quick shower to wash off all the mud. If I wasn't already late I would do my hair, but if I keep my aunt waiting another minute I will be 6 feet under in a matter of seconds. Trying not to trip and fall, I run down the stairs, two at a time. I slip on my shoes and grab my purse and make my way into the kitchen.

"Where have you been Layla? Your hair is a mess and you are 15 minutes late!" my aunt scolds.

"I'm sorry, I went out for a run and the doors were locked, so I had to climb through my window and change." I replied out of breath.

"The alpha will not be happy that we have kept him waiting, now hurry up and get in the car."

I hop in the car and take everything in. My aunt starts the car and backs out of the driveway.

"Wait did you say the alpha?" I ask my Aunt Isabel.

"Yes child, you heard me correctly." I sit there shocked with my mouth being partly opened.

"You never told me we were going to dinner with the alpha!" I yell at my aunt. You would think she would tell me, but no she just had to keep it a secret.

"There was no need to. Now close your mouth and let's go into the diner."

When we get in the diner, to my surprise, the alpha wasn't here yet. After the waitress seats us at our table I give a confused look to my aunt.

"I knew you would be late so I told you we were going to dinner at 6:00, but he won't be here for another 5 minutes." Aunt Bell explains.

So we sit quietly until the mayor arrives.

"Hello alpha how are you doing tonight?" My aunt questions, when he sits down at our table.

"Very well thank you." he replies. We just exchange glances, and order our food

After we are done our dinner we get down to business, "Alpha John, this is my niece Layla. Layla this is Alpha John." my aunt starts.

We shake hands and say our hello's . After that I zone out, while my aunt discusses business with him. I don't hear much through my ear buds but I do find out that Chris is actually his nephew. So much for blending in.