Nineteen

"So how's it going?" I asked laying on my stomach swinging my feet back and forth.

Sydney sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "Eh, it's not horrible. I helped my dad hang the string lights in the barn today and mom made two hundred cupcakes minus a couple that I snagged from her."

I laughed. "Of course you took some. You wouldn't be Sydney if you didn't."

"Cassidy! Hi sweetheart how are you? How's your grandma June?" Sydney's mom took the phone from her waving her hand in front of the camera.

"Hi Mrs.Evans. I'm good and grandma is doing good as well." I wave my hand smiling back.

Mrs.Evans is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. She always gave the best hugs that instantly overwhelmed you with a sent of essential oils.

"Mallory I'm on the toilet! Where's the toilet paper?" Sydney's dad yelled.

"I swear your father wouldn't survive without me." Mrs.Evans handed the phone back to Sydney before rolling her eyes and chuckling to herself.

"Bye honey, it's nice to see you." She blew me a kiss and walked away.

"Where it's always been. Right next to you in the cabinet Robert!"

"Well there's that." Sydney sighed before adding on. "I gotta go love. I'm probably gonna have to go to the store to get more toilet paper and knowing how far away the nearest Wal-Mart is I'll be gone for at least an hour."

I laughed before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

"Cassidy Jenna stole my lightsaber!" I heard Dylan yell from the kitchen.

I groaned getting up and making my way downstairs. "Jenna give it back." I warned pointing my finger at her.

"And Dylan go put your lightsaber away and get out your independent reading. Your teacher said you need to read up to chapter seven before Monday." Dylan snatched the lightsaber from Jenna's hands and ran to his room.

Jenna instantly started throwing a tantrum which ended up with her being sent to her room.

I swear these kids are gonna give me grey hair at 18.

I sigh sitting down on the couch turning on Grey's Anatomy until I hear the doorbell ring.

"Come in." I instantly smiled knowing who it was.

"Hey babe. I couldn't find any of those caramel candies you like so I just got a shit ton of chocolates and of course twizzlers." Tyler took of his shoes and sat on the couch next to me.

I invited him over for a movie night considering my movie partner was away. I miss her but Tyler is an amazing replacement.

"Where's the kids?" He asked pulling me into his arms.

"Dylan's reading in his room and Jenna is currently having an attitude check in hers. She's six going on sixteen. I don't know what I'm gonna do when she's actually a teenager" I say laughing a little.

"Eh I wouldn't worry too much. She's sassy but she's also really smart and independent. I think she'll mellow out just fine when she gets older." Tyler said giving me a kiss on my head.

"Let's hope so" I sigh leaning deeper into his grasp.

We turn on The Hunger Games and started to dive in on the unnecessary amount of candy that was piled in front of us.

Before long the table was scattered with chocolate wrappers and soda cans.

"This definitely isn't setting a good example for the kids. If they saw this massive amount of candy they'd want it every night." I smiled popping a square of Hersheys chocolate in my mouth.