Three

I woke up the next morning with my alarm clock ringing in my ears and Dylan jumping on my bed.

"Cassidy come on wake up!! We gotta make our lunches for school!" He whined and jumped off my bed pulling my arm.

I sighed. "Ok bud I'm up. Go downstairs and pour some cereal for you and Jenna. Sydney and I will be down in a minute." I could hear his footsteps as he jumped down the stairs one by one.

I looked over to Sydney who hasn't even flinched. How the hell did she sleep through that?

I smacked her awake with a pillow. "Wake up bitch. Kids are hungry and we have to get ready for school." She groaned and slowly pulled herself up from the bed.

"You take a shower first. I gotta make some coffee." She truffled her way out of the room.

I picked my clothes out for the day before hopping into the shower. With 2 kids it's kind of difficult to get an actual decent shower in. I try my best to squeeze at least 10 minutes before they come in and get water everywhere. I love them but they need to learn how to use a towel.

I get dressed and go get the kids ready so Sydney can take a shower. Mornings are typically rushed and before you know it we were loading up in the car and on our way to school.

                                .................

"So what are you gonna wear on your date tonight?" Sydney asked as I closed my locker.

"I don't know. I was thinking about wearing that brown corduroy dress I have with maybe a white shirt underneath." I replied. I was kind of nervous for tonight. I mean, I haven't really talked to him in a while. Last time we went to Lola's Diner was when we were probably 12.

"That would be so cute! Remember to text me the details after."

"Of course, who else would I text?" I laughed as we headed to chemistry. "Oh by the way, I might have broke your coffee maker this morning." Sydney slipped out running away before I got a chance to reply. I gasped and ran to catch up to her. I punched her in the arm and chuckled walking into class.

We took our seats just when the bell started to ring. I looked up and noticed Tyler standing in the doorway. Mr.Bradley clears his throat addressing Tyler.

"Alright boys and girls. I'd like to introduce you to our new student that will be joining us this year, Tyler Grey. He's returning back from awhile ago so some of you might remember him." Tyler spots me and smiles.

"Please, pick your seat and we'll get started on the lesson for today." The only seat that was open was the one next to me. Just to my luck.

"What a coincidence? It's fun being back in class together isn't it?" Tyler whispered. I smiled and nodded.

Looks like chemistry just got a little more interesting.

                      Later that evening...

"I clearly saw you blush from the other side of the room" Sydney claimed over the phone. This is the typical routine after school, that is until Sydney moves in. Normally I pick the kids up and let them do their own things while I work on homework and call Sydney.

"I was not." I gasped laughing. "It's just hot in there, you know how Mr.Bradley hates opening the window." I rolled my eyes.

"Sure. If that's what makes you sleep at night then I'll agree with your excuses" Sydney laughed over the phone. Our call was cut short by a loud crash coming from the kitchen.

"Shit babe I gotta call you back" I said quickly and hung up. I ran downstairs in awe when I saw Jenna on the counter reaching for the cookie jar that was shattered all over the floor.