Five

"Ok guys be good for grandma. And no video games Dylan. You're still grounded from playing baseball in the house." I warned.

"Ugh fine. I guess I'll just die from boredom." he groaned stomping away. I rolled my eyes.

"Bye sweetheart. Enjoy your night." my grandma smiled.

"Thank you again grandma. I'll text you when I'm on my way back." I gave everyone hugs and kisses and started to walk out the door.

"Cassy wait!" Jenna called out after me. "I drew this for Tyler." She handed me an adorable coloring page of her, me, Dylan, and Tyler.

It kind of looked like a bunch of scribbles but you could tell if you squinted.

"That's a beautiful picture and I'm sure Tyler will love it." I smiled. She looked at the ground shyly, her cheeks turning red.

I giggled and gave her a hug. "I love you. Now go inside honey. It's getting chilly." She nodded and ran inside, her little bare feet scurrying down the pavement.

I got inside and started my car when I got a text.

Tyler- Got us some snacks and drinks. Text me when you get here?

I smiled to myself and answered back...

Me- sounds good. i'm on my way🥰

Later that night...

Tyler and I sat on the couch, his arm around me. We had snacks in front of us with the movie playing in the background.

"You know, watching this movie now is totally different than when I was a kid." Tyler said.

"Yeah it was a lot scarier then."

"Wanna turn it off and play cards instead?"

"Sure, but just warning you I kick ass in cards." I jumped up from the couch and sat on the floor. "Come show me what you got Tyler Grey." I said smirking.

"Oh you're so going down Cassidy Andrews" He laughed and joined me on the floor shuffling the cards.

We ended up playing 3 rounds. I won the first and Tyler one the second. This was the tie breaker.

"Okay I admit, you're good. You beat me fair and square." Tyler said leaning back taking the last swig of his pop. I laughed shrugging my shoulders. "Told ya."

Suddenly his phone rang. I'm not sure who it was but due to Tyler's sigh I was assuming his mom. He answered it and walked out of the room.

While he's gone I just sit in silence. He came back a couple minutes later looking annoyed.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah I'm sorry. Everything's fine. My mom is just being irritating."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing. I guess Principal Stanley called my mom and told her about the fight. I don't know why she cares suddenly." he said rolling his eyes.

Tyler didn't have the best relationship with his parents. They divorced when he was little. His mom was one of those workaholic moms who doesn't care to make a connection with their kid. His dad left after the divorce, became an alcoholic, and never looked back.

I always felt bad for him. Coming from a totally different family made me realize how important relationships were and how thankful I was for my parents.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to complain and get into this shit." he said looking at me guiltily.

"Don't apologize. It's ok. I'm sure it's difficult knowing how your parents are." I smiled and grabbed the popcorn from the table.

Everything Old Is New Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें