Nine

"That'll do." I shrugged holding up one of Tyler's shirts from his bag. It was a too big for me and reached down to my knees but it smelt like him and that gave me comfort.

I sat up in bed reading where I left off in the first book of The Hunger Games series. I've probably read the whole series at least 5 times.

Tyler was in the shower when Sydney barged in and hopped on my bed. "Ok what the hell is going on?" she said grabbing the book from my hands.

"Don't worry I'll be ok Syd. I had another dizzy spell and fainted but Tyler took me to the hospital. The doctor said I have Hypoglycemia. I just have to take medication and eat more things with sugar if I feel dizzy." I said simply.

She sighed and looked at me. "This isn't something to just shrug off Cassidy." She paused before chiming in again. "If you die I will so totally kill you." she said pointing a finger at me. I laughed and snatched my book back. "I'm going to be fine Sydney. I promise I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

Tyler came out of the bathroom dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Hey Syd."

"Thank god you had to deal with her because if it was me, I would've had to drag her ass out of the house by her feet to convince her to go to the hospital. At least she listens to you." Sydney said raising her eyebrows at me.

Tyler laughed. "You've always been stubborn Cass."

"Ok ok changing the subject now, have you spoke to Ashton?" I laughed looking at Sydney. Tyler sat next to me on the bed setting his hand on my thigh.

"No. I don't even want to look at that asshole. I'm never talking to another guy again."

Tyler held his hand to his chest and gasped. "Besides you Ty." Sydney says chuckling to herself. Tyler sighed. "Thank god. We're the three musketeers. We've always been."

I laughed. "Ok I'm tired now. I'm going to sleep. I don't care if you guys have a slumber party and gossip about boys in here but don't talk to me." I said smiling pulling the cover over my head.

Sydney laughed elbowing me in the ribs. "Shut up" she said rolling her eyes. She got up and walked out of the room closing the door.

There was somewhat of an awkward silence. I knew Tyler was looking at me. He coughed standing up. "Is there an extra blanket and pillow I can have?" I sat up and looked at him curiously.

"For what?"

Tyler shuffled on his feet. "To use to lay down next to your bed." I looked up at him and chuckled.

"On the floor? Don't be ridiculous Tyler." I pulled the cover over next to me patting the empty space. "Get over here."

He smiled shrugging his shoulders. "If that's what you want."

As he sat down I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed. "Thank you for being here today." He smiled putting his hand on my thigh. "I'll always be here."

.................

I fluttered my eyes open as the sunshine peaked out from behind the curtains. I found myself trapped in Tyler's arms, his breath tickling my shoulder.

I looked over and saw him looking so peaceful in a deep sleep. I smiled seeing how adorable he looks.

I tried to move out of his grasp and stand up but failed when I tripped over my sheets which sent me flying to the floor.

I couldn't contain my laughter. Tyler instantly jumped as if someone woke him up by clanging symbols together. At this point I was clutching my stomach with tears springing up in the corners of my eyes.