Seven

"Alright guys dinner is almost done. Go wash up please." I said looking over at Dylan and Jenna who was playing Candyland.

Sydney stirred the taco meat as I got the toppings ready.

Taco night was a hit at our house because the kids can get messy and dig in to as much as they want. Dylan and Jenna came back skipping into the kitchen grabbing their plates.

"Help yourselves tiny humans." Sydney says loading meat into their shells.

"After dinner is homework ok?" I said making sure they heard me. They nodded and started making their tacos. I started making my plate when I got a call from Tyler.

"Hey what's up?"

"Hey Cass, just wanted to call and see how you're doing? Feeling ok?"

"Tyler you don't have to worry about me. I'm ok and Sydney is here. You know she'll live up to that promise of taking me to the doctor if anything happens."

Tyler chuckled. "Good, I wouldn't know what I would do if you got hurt or anything and I'm not there with you."

"I've got it Tyler. She'll be ok under my watch!" Sydney yelled out.

"Ok well I'll let you go. I'll text you later tonight?"

"Ok, sounds good. Bye Tyler."

I hung up the phone and continued making my plate. Once everyone got whatever toppings they wanted for their tacos we all sat down and started enjoying the food. Jenna looked up with a mouthful. "Cassy can we make cookies tonight?"

"Ok one, don't talk with your mouth full. It's gross. And two, I'm sorry Jenna but after this it's homework then bedtime. We'll make cookies tomorrow." Jenna huffed and nodded her head focusing back on her tacos.

.....................

"Ok so if you carry the one you'll get..." I waited for Dylan to problem solve on his own.

"Nine?"

I gave him a high-five. "Awesome bud! You're gonna do amazing on your test." I smiled and finished wiping down the table from dinner.

Sydney was helping Jenna get ready for bed while I helped Dylan finish the last few problems of his homework.

"Ok one more and then you can go to bed."

He sped through the last problem. Surprisingly it was right. I sent him upstairs just as Sydney walked past him coming downstairs.

"Jenna is adorable but she makes me read Goodnight Moon like fifty times." Sydney laughed grabbing a wine glass and pouring herself some wine.

"Make me one too." I called out.

Sydney and I plopped ourselves on the couch turning on the 3rd movie of our Twilight movie marathon.

"So how's you and Tyler going? I see you two have gotten comfortable holding hands." Sydney said smirking.

I laughed taking a sip of wine. "I think it's pretty good actually. I don't know if it'll turn into something but I kinda hope it does. At first I was nervous but everything's going so smoothly."

Sydney squealed giving me a hug. "I knew it I knew it!! I knew there was still a spark there!"

She grabbed her phone searching something on google. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking up unique aunt names for your future kids to call me."

I laughed and pressed play on the movie.