Unexpected turn

Ships: SwadxKiller, SwadxNightmare(mentioned), NightmarexKiller(mentioned)

-high school au

***

It's an open secret to everyone that Swad and Killer are rivals, but no one know why. So most people would just assume the two are always trying to one up the other in academics, but no. The two skeletons has been fighting over a boy. A BOY.

But if most people found that out they'll find it reasonable since the person the two are fighting over is Nightmare, the school's top student and is also rich, and I mean rich with all capitals, like RICH.

But right now Swad has a dilemma, a HUGE dilemma. For the past few days he've noticed that whenever he's next to Nightmare that he just don't feel the same anymore, no more heart beating, no more urges to sneak peaks at him. Non, it's like the feelings for Nightmare just disappeared.

That wouldn't be a problem alone since it was quite tiring trying to one up Killer every single time, but the thing is that Swad is feeling the same feelings he used to felt towards Nightmare but towards Killer.

Swad also had to swallow down his pride to confess to Killer since he knows very well that Killer would make fun of him on top of rejecting him, and even if the smaller skeleton does agree on dating him he'll still be made fun of during the entirety of the relationship.

The winged skeleton sighed, looking down at his math notebook where he wrote down his notes just for him to realize he wrote down absolutely NOTHING during the one hour class, before Swad can ask the student beside him if he could copy his notes but then the bell ringed and the teacher dismissed the class.

He cussed underneath his breath, great, now he has a dilemma about his feelings for his rival since middle school and he also have to wait until one of his friends to get to math class so he can copy off of their notes. Great, just fucking great.

Swad packed his stuff, grumbling a little bit at the lack of notes in his notebook. Once he got his stuff packed he left the classroom, brushing pass Killer who's heading into the classroom for math.

To Swad's surprise, today Killer didn't make a snarky comment about him like he usually did which left him a bit confused. Swad glanced over to Killer, narrowing his eyes a little bit but left.

Now that he think about it, the past few days Killer seemed to have a lack of energy or is just spacing out a lot. After thinking of this it made Swad even more confused, this new attitude doesn't fit Killer at all, not even a bit. Even if Swad didn't developed feelings for Killer he'll also be a bit worried.

Soon the day passed, and Swad has been stalking— inspecting- yes- inspecting Killer from afar to see if there's anything out of the ordinary he's doing out of the ordinary. Totally not creepy at all-

But back to the point of Swad inspecting Killer, he realized that Killer in fact has been extremely lackluster, not even cracking jokes when it's the perfect opportunity to. 

After a bit more thinking Swad just decided that Killer has a bad week, yea, Killer's lack of energy is definitely because of a bad week.

Swad eventually just shrugged it off, taking one last glance at Killer before leaving the school. But before his foot could even step outside of the gate he felt someone pulled him aside.

"What the hell?!" Swad then looked at who pulled him aside, and to his surprise he saw Killer.. wait- how the hell did Killer catch up so quickly??? It's either he's extremely slow or Killer is fast as shit.

Killer looked up at him with a somewhat serious expression on his face, he also seemed a bit tired "I give up" he said.

"..what?" Swad asked, his originally confused face now looking even more confused at what Killer said "giving up at what?" He asked Killer.

Killer took a deep breath "I give up, you can have Nightmare" he said, looking the most serious that Swad has ever seen him.

"I- Killer- do you even know what you're saying right now???" The winged skeleton asked the smaller, hoping what he's saying is true so that he can shoot his shot at Killer.

The smaller skeleton nodded his head slowly "yea.." he said "that's all I have to say" he added, ready to leave until Swad took ahold of his wrist. Killer turned to Swad, his serious face turning into a slightly annoyed one.

"What? Are you going to mock me because of how I just given up?" Killer asked defensive tone, gritting his teeth a little bit.

"No.. not that but I just want to tell you that.. I like you, I'm not sure when it started it but I really do like you" Swad said, looking at Killer.

Killer widened his eyes but soon narrowed them after processing what Swad said, pulling his hand away from Swad "there's a limit with jokes you know" he said in a cold tone before leaving.

Swad just watched Killer leave, a frown forming on his face. Although Killer didn't exactly say that no but it's crystal clear with the smaller's words that he was rejected..

Word count: 876

Sorry if the angst is bad- I don't usually write angst and most of the time I write angst is in rps-