52. 50 Years Ago

Comincia dall'inizio

"About the school as well? I don't have a home to go to, they wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they, professor?" Tom asked.

His question struck something in Harry.

He considered Hogwarts to be his true home.

It closing would be a nightmare for him, and for another one of his best friends who he knew didn't have a home to go back to at all.

"I understand, Tom, but I'm afraid ... Headmaster Dippet may have no choice", Dumbledore replied.

Hearing Dumbledore wasn't the headmaster was odd, but Harry had been filled with an odd feeling ever since arriving in the past.

"You live in a muggle orphanage during the holidays, I believe?" Dumbledore then asked, noticing the destressed look upon Tom's face.

"Yes, sir", Tom replied.

"You are muggle-born?"

"Half-blood, sir. Muggle father, witch mother."

"And are both your parents –?"

"My mother died just after I was born. She lived long enough to name me. Tom after my father and Marvolo after my grandfather."

Dumbledore looked sympathetically at him.

As did Harry.

But this story all sounded so familiar to him.

"I'm sure Headmaster Dippet would have made special arrangements for you ... but in the current circumstances, you'll be safer at the orphanage."

It was familiar because it was Bel's story.

Well, there were slight deviations, but the resemblance was astonishing.

However, it wasn't something he had time to dwell on as he was too focused taking in what was around him.

Tom looked away in thought before saying, "Sir, if it all stopped, if the person responsible was caught ..."

Harry saw Dumbledore change his expression.

He looked at Tom Riddle with suspicious eyes, searching deep into his soul for an answer to one of his questions.

"Is there something you wish to tell me?" Dumbledore asked.

"No, sir. Nothing", Tom replied quickly and convincingly.

It was uncanny.

The resemblance in both that question and that answer to the very one Harry himself had with the headmaster last term.

After a second more of Dumbledore looking suspiciously at the student, he said, "Very well, then. Off you go."

"Good night, sir", Tom said before walking away.

Harry decided to follow him.

He was already handed more information about the events with the Chamber 50 years ago than ever before.

Tom walked through the hallways and stopped down in the dungeons by the potion's classroom.

He was outside of a wooden door, reaching into his robe pocket.

Harry was a few paces back, watching as Tom pulled out his wand and threw the door open.

"Evening, Hagrid", Tom said, pointing his wand at a giant boy wearing a Hogwarts robe stood in the room.

Hagrid? Harry thought.

"I'm going to have to turn you in, Hagrid", Tom said as Hagrid slammed the top of a large wooden chest shut.