Sundubu Jjiggae

Jeonghan has never felt so uneasy in his entire life. Myunghee could see that. He was trying to behave normally but that was only because he was with her. He already had a bad reputation in college, and Myunghee's friends hate him because of that. Actually, hate would be a very small word for what Seungkwan and Minghao feel towards him, because they definitely don't just hate him. They hate him with all their being. They simply dislike his whole existence.

Yet, Myunghee was still sitting in front of him like there was nothing wrong going on. He couldn't express how grateful he was because of that, but right now, he had this urgency to hide. 

"Myunghee, can we go to a different cafe?" He asked her very normally. Out of the many things that Jeonghan was good at, this one was one of them too. Myunghee scrunched her eyebrows but relaxed them quickly understanding that Jeonghan might have someone he wants to avoid. She nodded, deciding not to question anything. 

"There's a dessert shop nearby, let's just walk there." Jeonghan said to her. Myunghee nodded again. The breeze was freezing and her lips were pursed together. She felt like if she'd open them she'll go into a frenzy then and there. 

"Are you mad because I changed the plan...?" Jeonghan asked her as they sat themselves on a table inside the dessert shop. "I am sorry.."

"No!" She laughed. "Why would I be mad? Shush! It's just so cold I couldn't open my mouth."

"Ah!" Jeonghan clicked his tongue and scrunched his face. "By the way... did Seungkwan say anything to you?"

Myunghee's smile dropped and her lips formed a thin line. She shook her head sadly. "No reply, no text whatsoever."

Jeonghan sighed. Myunghee felt like he was getting pressurized because of the fact that they were upset with her because of him. It was true, but she didn't want him to get pressurized. She never weighed out the complexities of how this relationship might affect her other relationships 'cause she never thought Minghao and Seungkwan would stop talking to her. There were many if situations she considered when she thought about this. Only if she didn't fall for Minghao ever. Only if Minghao didn't fall for her either. Only if she could make them understand that Jeonghan was way deeper than what they were seeing. Only if she knew who Jeonghan actually is....

"Who was that man, Jeonghan?" Myunghee asked him. For her to answer all those only ifs, she had to start from the bottom line. And this was the bottom line. 

She watched Jeonghan's eyes widen for a second at her question but then quickly gaining composure he answered, "Which man?"

"The man you saw near the cafe at the bus stop." Myunghee casually said to him to make him understand that he can talk to her casually about things like these. 

"I don't know," Jeonghan laughed his small laugh. "Who are you talking about?"

She dropped the idea of describing the appearance of the man to him even though she remembered it very clearly. A tall, red-haired man, who looked like a literal gangster with those life size moustache of his. Shaking her head she mumbled softly, enough loud for him to hear, "Nevermind, nothing." 

Of course she was hurt by the fact that Jeonghan was still wary of opening up to her, but she was also scared if his secret would be something that she cannot handle. If his secret is actually very big and that is why he cannot tell her. 

~

The rest of the day was smooth, quite enthralling and wholesome. Jeonghan had this burner camera which was very small but the picture quality was amazing! They were walking around the market, occasionally buying a few things, taking pictures of the sceneries and all this while munching on some pirozhki (Russian pies), and julienes. Jeonghan, who was a resident for almost two years explained to her about Julienes. How initially it was the only snack he used to have whenever he came to downtown, because he used to be dead broke, and it became his go to snack.