Playground

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Myunghee whisper shouted, anguished seeing the guy beside her, dressed in a light blue sweatshirt and looking as good looking as ever.

She felt stupid to admit that even though the person sitting right beside her leaning in front of her face was an absolute creep, he was still handsome. Damned handsome. She had too blink her eyes forcefully to cut the stare while he chuckled softly.

"Well missie, I'm a second year student and I don't have any idea what you're doing here right now but I won't ask you that because I'm enjoying it." He breathed without looking away from her face.

"She a sopho dude." The guy infront of them with brown hair turned around to whisper and quickly turned back.

"Oh so you're a ripe mango I see," The 'handsome creep', as she liked to describe him asked her eyeing her from top to bottom tilting his head in the process. "Failing the easiest subject in your first year, first semester at that. It's too much, isn't it?"

He tapped the shoulder of the shorter brunette infront of them again who nodded in reply to his assertion.

Even though scoring forty five percent in a subject was not a commendable feat. She wasn't capable of proudly claiming that she didn't really fail but scored way less than expected. But if it comes from somebody who really did fail the subject then it makes the matter trivial.

"Says someone who actually failed?" Myunghee raised an eyebrow at him as he goofed playfully.

"Okay, okay. Accepted."

She was more than just glad that the guy kept quiet and payed attention to the teacher the rest of the time, rather than trying to tease her and piss her mood. But amongst all the people in the class he was the only one who seemed to answer all the questions of the professor. He was the typical smart guy but without that irritating know-it-all attitude.

But he was still an irritating person because it was his dominant trait. Even though she did not know him enough to assert it, she was certain of her assumption.

When the bell rung she thought that she'll quickly scoot away with Scarlet but she was faster than a lighting bolt. Myunghee had to get up silently to leave as the guy packed his bag, but before she even reached the door, he skidded infront of her with his charming yet mocking smile.

"So you ain't telling me your name, Butterscotch?" He flicked her forehead gently, angering her more than she already was.

"No, never."

~

She held her head in her palms, regretting life decisions. Knowing it very well that ruining your mood because of a stranger is the most immature thing one can do, she was already doing it.

She had no will to pick up her pen and study as she thought she would when she refused a coffee date with Minghao. She decided to just sit by the window and watch the snow covered mountains which provided a perfect background for the fern trees.

Taking out her sketch book and paints she began sketching the scenery in front of her. It was too beautiful to miss, as is every other scenery is for her.

The shades that Grandma Choi taught her were indeed very prettily blending here with the view. She wished that Grandma Choi would have been here beside her, telling her stories about Gods and Goddesses. About ghosts and monsters. Like she used to when Myunghee was a child. If Grandma Choi would have been by her side, she wouldn't have had to stress so much about Soonyoung in the past month. Or about Minghao, the month before and still, maybe.

Grandma Choi would have relieved all her worries and put some senses into her mind about how all men are equalling to shit and nothing else. How they're not capable of being compared to dogs because dogs are not just loyal, they're also grateful. A man will eat the food made by his wife and leave the dish in the sink for her to wash to show how grateful he is for her to cook him something.