Grocery

"There's this really really absolutely gorgeous guy in my department and I think I might love him." Myunghee was now holding her belly hard as Kaede gave her accounts of her first day. In contrast to her own, Kaede's first day was very fruitful and interesting.

Though for Myunghee staring outside is also counted as an 'interesting thing'.

"It's not even 12 hours properly now, you said you won't give up Joshua in the morning itself," Myunghee said through her fits of laugh.

"I am serious about Joshua, you know." Kaede said, "But that guy is really gorgeous. I swear on you."

Myunghee could just nod and mouth a yes to Kaede as they approached the grocery store. They took a basket and started looking for things they'll need. They found most of the things except rice and seaweed.

They enquired to the only helper they could find in the shop. And how fateful it was for them because the helper did not know a word of the English alphabet.

Kaede tried hard to recall something, anything which was taught to her in the crash course.

She remembered, nothing.

"What is the use of taking a crash course if you do not remember how to say, 'do you have this in your shop'. Come on Kaede, this is basic." Myunghee rubbed her forehead. She can do without lentils and vegetables but rice and seaweed is a match made in heaven and she is nobody to go against that principle.

"Atleast I tried, you did not even try to learn Russian before coming to spend 6 years in Russia!? Does that make sense?" Kaede snapped back at her. The helper there, looked helpless.
She wanted to help them but she couldn't and now because of her they were fighting.

They fell silent as the doors of the shop opened again and they relaxed, seeing a familiar face enter with an unfamiliar one.
"What are you guys upto? Arguing in a shop?" Joshua laughed and looked at Myunghee. "What is the problem?"
He asked her in korean.

"I need seaweed," Myunghee muttered in korean, clearly embarrassed.

"U tebya sluchayno net vodorosley?" Joshua asked the Russian girl in a very graceful accent.

"Ah! Vodorosli!" The helper went towards one of the shelves and brought a big packet of seaweed for them.

"Spasibo." Joshua smiled at her. "Here, your vodorosli."

She reached out and took it awkwardly and then turned around to shop for other things. She might have done it purposely to leave Kaede and Joshua to themselves, so that they have a proper introduction. Joshua mostly talked to the Koreans in the morning exempting the others from any conversation.

She stood in front of the rack which sold sanitary pads. Because all these brands were unknown, she took each one of them and inspected it carefully. She finally shortlisted two packets of different brands.

After getting this she walked towards the front desk for billing her purchase and signalled Kaede that she'll be leaving. It was at this time she sensed a guy standing beside her waiting for her to finish.

It was the unfamiliar face who walked in with Joshua. He had a medium height, black hair, brown eyes, sturdy cheeks and small pink lips. He had a cute round but chiselled face.

"I'm also from the Polytechnic department, by the way." He caught Myunghee off guard by saying that suddenly in korean.

Myunghee mentally slapped herself and so wished to go back to the classroom and pay attention to everyone's names and faces. It would have saved her today from this embarrassment.

But she was courteous enough to apologise. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't recognize..."

"It's fine," he chuckled lightly, "You're Ahn Myunghee right?"

She nodded feeling guilty. Not just he remembers her face but also her face.
"What's your name...?" She asked him.

"Boo Seungkwan." He said.

The girl tapped Myunghee's shoulder, gesturing her to pay. Seungkwan lifted her bag from the counter and put it down, as she swiped the card provided by the university on the machine.

She said thank you and waited for Seungkwan to finish.
She didn't wanted to look like a disrespectful brat again in front of him. He seemed sweet and kind.

They both picked up their grocery bags and started walking towards their hostel blocks.

While they were talking, Myunghee also learnt that they weren't just from the same country but also from Jeju.

"We never met in Jeju though it's not that big," he laughed at the fact.

"Yeah, Russia is full of surprises." Myunghee laughed with him as well.

Seungkwan was also graduating in Polytechnic, from Jeju, and a big of Girls Generation. As she was talking to him she could sense bits of Kaede in him. He was confident while interacting, playful and overly optimistic. An entertainer as well.

"Which one is your hostel block?" He asked her.

She pointed towards her block.

"We are just a block apart." He noted and waved goodbye. Before parting he asked Myunghee to remember him tomorrow and acknowledge his presence, in a sarcastic way.

Myunghee chuckled and nodded in response.

She greeted everyone in the common as the seniors asked her to come down and grab some snacks. She reached her room and plopped down on her bed. She needed coke right now.

Remembering she had brought coke in the store she opened the bag. There was no coke, but she found almost 20-30 packets of condom, many tubes of shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpastes and moisturiser.

She accidentally brought Seungkwan's bag to her hostel which has all the supplies of the boys hostel.

Right when she came to this realization she heard a knock, on the window. As soon as she removed the curtains, she saw a guy wearing beanie and a black mask struggling to remain tact because of the strong winds.

Before he could say anything to her, she fainted.