MacBook

"I can't believe I will have to pay for the dates I don't even want to go to." What Seungkwan exclaimed was on a serious account but it sounded laughable to Myunghee. So much that she had to drink water to show no signs of supposed fun factor in her behaviour.

"I hope you do well in ignoring her efforts," Minghao cheered.
"I will ignore her efforts for sure, but I am not getting why you both are wasting your time picking out a dress for me." Seungkwan stomped his legs looking at Kaede and Vernon who were scanning through his wardrobe.

Both the girls were standing inside Seungkwan's hostel room for helping him get ready for the date. Kaede was especially excited for him despite of knowing the background details.

"Even if you're just pretending, it's your first date. You should remember it for the rest of your life, shouldn't you?" Kaede said with such a serious reasoning that all of them agreed with her. Even Seungkwan.

"You look perfect." Vernon straighted out his shirt, "Just like someone who's going to his first date ever in 21 years."

"Stop it." Seungkwan muttered angrily in korean to Vernon.

Minghao laughed and slapped his back, "Don't be so angry, try to look cool. It's your first date man!"

Seungkwan rolled his eyes and stormed out of the room.

"He's got a bad temper, that man." Kaede pouted and Vernon shrugged.

Myunghee and Minghao, for the first time since that night escapade to the hill, were left alone to sit under the apple tree.

Staring at the beautiful scenery in front of them.

Myunghee wanted to paint, so that she can keep her mind off from the fact that she was alone with Minghao at the moment. She wanted to talk to him about her feelings, wanted to confess. She wanted to ask him out to the ball but at the same time she wanted him to ask her out as well. She was afraid of losing him to someone else, but at the same time she was afraid of getting rejected by him as well.

Puzzled emotions were presented to her in a platter by God, and she couldn't decide which one should be her first priority.

Minghao himself broke the silence by asking her whether she remembered anything from that night. She shook her head, because she really did not.

"I gave you cognac, and you didn't knew what it was so you drank too much of it," Minghao said and looked at her for a reaction but her face had confusion drawn all over it.

"What is a cognac?" She asked him, completely oblivious.

Minghao sighed and shook his head in despair, "I can't believe it."

The conversation ended there with Minghao teasing Myunghee about how she didn't have any outside knowledge, she must've sucked in chemistry and stuff. They parted ways after Myunghee held Minghao by the collar and threatened to kick him in the balls if he messes with her again.

She still didn't know what a cognac was.

~

Seungkwan reached in front of the house with a big orange tree and composed himself before ringing the bell.

"Oh you're here!" Kamilla looked through the peep hole and shouted making him jump. She came out with a sling bag.
"Let's go."

As Seungkwan was walking with her, he mentally cursed his friends for making him wear a date-typical outfit. Kamilla was wearing an oversized t shirt and a knee length pant.

So serious about the date, she was.

"You look good," Kamilla chimed and handed him a chocolate bar from her bag. "All the times you'll make my heart flutter, I'll give you a chocolate."

Seungkwan gave her his 'judgemental look'. She was clearly crazy and it was a fool of him to even agree to these stupid dates. He should've just told her the truth like Myunghee asked him to.

But at the end, it was his and Myunghee's collective mistake which resulted this. There's no escape.

"By the way," Kamilla started again because a she hated a quiet environment, "You're korean right? So you'll know how to make that korean sandwich roll thingy."

After thinking a bit, he realized that she was talking about kimbap. "Yeah I do, why?"

"Super! Let's make kimbap in our second date," she clapped her hands as Seungkwan looked at her in aghast.

The first date did not even start and she was already planning the second one, he thought.

She took him to an ice cream shop and ordered a triple chocolate vanilla ice cream bowl and a cold coffee, without bothering to ask for his budget. He gave her a straight smile and ordered honey pancakes for himself after inspecting the menu card for a bit.

When their order arrived she took out her camera from the sling bag and clicked a picture of the food tray.

"Perfect," she muttered. "You can have my ice cream bowl too, it's yummy."

Seungkwan shook his head and just ate his pancake. Both of them are silently until Kamilla broke it again.

"Tell me about yourself," she said while slurping her cold coffee. "You know so much about me but I don't know anything about you."

This was his chance, Seungkwan thought. If Minghao's idea was even a bit relevant then he would never have to go on a second date with this weirdo here.

"I'm just an average person," Seungkwan started, already making up wild images of bad guys hated by girls in his mind, "I don't know whether you'll like it or not, but I love to watch porn secretly. I sometimes use Joshua's MacBook to watch porn, you know he's very polite and keen to help the koreans here in the uni. So I borrow it from him in the guise of making PPTs but end up watching porn till late night."

After finishing his sentence Seungkwan sipped some water out of his glass coolly and looked up to see her reaction. But to his absolute dismay, she was unfazed.

Instead her expression had confusion smeared all over. "Watching porn isn't wrong, cuz you know you're just out of puberty and are still a virgin so you're curious about those things," her awfully normal comment to watching porn made too much sense. Even he wanted to watch porn now for real to see whether it makes him curious or not.

"But Seungkwan," she drummed her fingers on the table while thinking hard about something, "is Joshua like, too rich? He looks so humble and simple. He looks like someone who definitely has less chances of owning a MacBook. How come he can afford a MacBook? It's the most expensive thing in the market currently."

Seungkwan's face lost all colours. She completely disregarded his false description of himself and instead wondered about how Joshua Hong managed to get a MacBook. He wanted to cry out of embarrassment, but he just shrugged un-casually and drank lots of water from the same glass he earlier sipped on in a cool manner.