Experimentee

Myunghee used to groove to songs of idols like Rain and Sechskies and Deux inside her living room when her house was empty. After her dad brought her a Walkman and headset on her 18th birthday, she started grooving more to their songs, even in people's presence. But the grooving just became limited to its name.

When Soonyoung mentioned dance to Myunghee she had no idea she'll had to do waltz on her first day because she had a picture of dancing in her head which got conflicted with pictures made by everyone else inside their head, about dance.

She took the word 'dance' so lightly in her teenage years, that now she's having to get herself embarrassed in front of her saviour who'll supposedly be her ballroom partner.

Supposedly because she just got her position into danger by not knowing waltz basics.

After the practice session was over Soonyoung dashed out of the basketball court without any further
word to her. She was feeling embarrassed and guilty at the same time. She went up to the staircase seats where her belongings rested and was about to leave when someone tapped her shoulder from behind.

"Hey! I am Choi Seungcheol, History." It was Seungcheol. He flashed a big and bright smile at her as she bowed to him out of sheer habit since he was a Korean.

"Yaah don't do it," he chuckled talking about the bow, "it's weird to see someone do it here."

"I'm Ahn Myunghee. First year polytechnic. Nice to meet you." She extended her hand this time.

"I know, Soonyoung told us." He told her, "By the way, I noticed that you stepped on Soonyoung during the dance. Is your feet okay..or....?"

Myunghee tried to recall what he was referring to. Her glands released more sweat as the swish of embarrassments'  swords hit her again. There was no point in lying anymore.

"I don't have any idea what is waltz. I was in dire need of a partner and things weren't working out from my side, so.... yeah this happened." She gestured her hand to indicate the place she was currently in.

Seungcheol tilted his head after hearing her and called Arielle. She ran towards him and tug her hand with his as she kissed his cheek in front of Myunghee.
A public display of affection was not common in Korea which is why Myunghee diverted her gaze to the other side.

Seungcheol explained Arielle about Myunghee's problem to which she just rubbed her arms and said, "Ask your partner to help you, he came first yesterday he should atleast teach basic waltz to the girl he likes. Its so romantic!"

Myunghee was in no mood to explain Arielle that Soonyoung and herself were not partners because he liked her but because they were koreans and the dean thought that it would be nice if Mr. Kwon would take Ms. Ahn to the ball. So she just nodded tiredly at her response and thanked her. She didn't wanted to sound rude.

"Let me guess, you can't gather the courage to ask him right?" Seungcheol assumed the case seeing her expression. She nodded at him as he chuckled.

"Soonyoung is like that to everyone else. You need to be really close to him to see the other side, you know."

If she had no interest in finding out whether he even had an other side or not, she was more than just curious now. It was amusing to think that Soonyoung can even have an other side.

Seungcheol called a guy named Chan who also turned out to be a korean. She remembered that Joshua told the girls on their first day that Tomsk is home to many Korean students and they got quite an impressive number of Koreans this year.

"Hii!!"

This Chan guy was very energetic and as he said, was trained in waltz as well.

"I'm Lee Chan, department of history." He bowed to her, "You're Ahn Myunghee right? Soonyoung's partner?"