Secret Admirer

"Myunghee," Seungkwan suddenly whispered in her ears during their HCI lecture.

She nodded at his direction indicating that she was listening.

"To the extreme left in the third row," her eyes immediately moved to the place he indicated to and fell on a pretty girl with a blue hairband.

She chuckled and buried her face in her book.

"What's up with her?" She heard Minghao ask Seungkwan and felt Seungkwan shrug in response.

"Her name is Kamilla, I don't know her last name," Seungkwan whispered again.

Myunghee nodded, "What do you want?"

"I want to let her know that she has a secret admirer," Seungkwan whispered again and Myunghee looked at his face, searching for some kind of sarcasm. But he was serious this time.

"So you will be sending that letter?" Minghao whispered this time.

Suddenly Myunghee realized that she had no idea about it but Minghao knew. She turned to Seungkwan on her right and nudged him hard.

"You didn't tell me!? I'm a girl!"

"That's why I couldn't! Stupid!"

"He told you now Myunghee, what's the issue?" Minghao chuckled again while jotting down the important points at the side of his notebook.

Myunghee fell silent, he was actually right. "What letter by the way?"

"He wrote a 3 page long letter for her, but he isn't sure he wants to send them or not." Minghao told her.

Myunghee looked at Seungkwan, "Secret admirer."

"Shut up Minghao," Seungkwan held his head, "You're not getting it."

"Of course we're not getting it dude!" Minghao laughed in a suppressed manner, "We never fell in love."

Myunghee looked at him. 'We never fell in love.' He stated that so innocently, he wasn't even aware after all the hints she was clearly dropping for him in particular.

She loved how he was so pure and precise. Made her want to love him openly.

Seungkwan coughed in response to that statement of Minghao and nudged her quietly. He knew. At this point, everyone around her knew. Even Joshua.

But Minghao didn't.

"Explain to us so that we get what you want to do, after this lecture." Minghao said to Seungkwan.

~

"I haven't seen her in my hostel by the way, she might be a native," Myunghee suggested as they sat down to eat. "Kamilla seems like a Russian name too."

Minghao nodded and looked towards the queue, "Let me get our plates before the line grows."

Minghao got up to leave and she was left with Seungkwan.

"Now tell me," Seungkwan looked at her. "You are head over heels for him, so why don't you try the 'secret admirer' thing as well?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, judging his broken wit with all she had in her. "You must be out of it Mr. Boo, that girl doesn't know you or who you are, but Minghao knows me. That too very well." She shook her head as she thought about the consequences of the idea Seungkwan just suggested. "It would be a disaster."

"It won't be, because he knows you. He'll understand that because you guys are close you can't say things like this directly. Trust me, it'll work out." Seungkwan hit her arm as he said the last lines.

It did make sense, but now was not the time, she thought. Even though Seungkwan pestered her a lot in these days she couldn't just go up to Minghao and tell that she likes him. More than just likes him.

She shook her head again and looked over at Minghao who was returning with a tray. He settled down beside Myunghee and signalled Seungkwan to start with his 'explanation'.

So this girl, who's name was Kamilla, caught Seungkwan's eyes while he was out for a jog in the morning. It happened some 10-12 days ago, but he couldn't stop himself from staring at her whenever he saw in the halls or at the canteen. Much surprising to him as well, she was in the same course as him, studying software engineering but her area was designing. One day he bumped into her after being 'accidentally pushed by Minghao' near the lockers. While he was busy getting flustered and staring her, Minghao quickly looked at the nameplate in her book but couldn't read her last name.

He was still thankful to Minghao because now his love interest wasn't nameless.

"So that's it?" Myunghee asked. She hoped for something more considering the fact that he hid it from her for five days. "You didn't know that she's in our class dummy? How lame is that."

"You didn't know that too," Minghao smirked at Myunghee.

"Yeah, but I'm not the one who likes her."

"Myunghee, you shouldn't talk about 'not knowing someone who's in your class'. You have failed in that subject let me remind you." Seungkwan referred to that grocery incident. Myunghee was embarrassed at first, but then she remembered what happened next and Seungkwan did too as she burst out laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, I remember the grocery incident too well Seungkwan." Myunghee looked at him, still laughing. "Even though you asked me to forget it."

"Shut up already." Seungkwan hit her arm again. Minghao remained uninterested as usual and left them to bicker among themselves.

~

"Do you happen to know where she lives?" Minghao asked Seungkwan as they were strolling outside the campus waiting for Kamilla to come and show them which house was hers.

"In my heart, Minghao."

Minghao picked up a stone and juggled with it, "One more time and I'll throw this at you."

Myunghee held her cheeks together tightly to not laugh at this situation. Suddenly Minghao pulled her closer him stopping her heartbeats. There was an open pit in front of them at the road.

"Watch where you're going," Minghao muttered. "When will she come?" This was directed to Seungkwan.

"I don't know Minghao," Seungkwan said as a matter of factly. Because he actually didn't know.

They were strolling at the same place for hours before Minghao concluded that the Kamilla girl might have already left and came back to her house and if they didn't go back now, they'll have to rent a room for the night.

"You sleep tonight nicely, I'll look into it." Myunghee assured Seungkwan. It was just 10 days or so and he was already acting like a lovesick. He nodded his head and went inside with Minghao.

~

She met a few girls in the common room and decided to talk to them. The decision was not that bad but also not that good again.

Not bad because she learnt one of the girls sitting there was a friend of Kamilla. Her name was actually Kamilla Morozov. She lived with her grandmother near the market at the downtown. The girl who was Kamilla's friend introduced herself as Sonya Balyaev.

She couldn't wait for morning to come so she could tell it to Seungkwan.

The not good part was that, Sonya Balyaev turned out to be studying Software engineering as well in the same class with Myunghee.

She mentally slapped herself as the thought of going back to the first day and pay attention to everyone's names came back to her.