Attraction

Kaede came in late the previous night, and by then Myunghee was sleeping like a log. Without making any kind of sound she went to sleep too.

When it was morning, Myunghee woke up to a blazing sun pouring lots of light into their room through the window shades. It was an unusual sight because she hasn't experienced such a temperature yet in Tomsk. But it was lesser than what she thought. There was only a slight increase in the temperature and a pleasantness.

But the weather was in contrast to her wrecked life.

"How was the food yesterday?" She smiled at Kaede who just came out of the bathroom but her smile disappeared almost immediately when Kaede's bloodshot eyes were visible.
"What happened Kaede?"

Hearing Myunghee's inquiry Kaede's tears started coming out more naturally. As if they had halted only for someone to come and trigger them again. Without asking anything else, Myunghee hugged her. That was the best thing to do at the moment even though she had no idea what all this fuss was about.

When she was finally able to speak, she narrated the incident to her. "After dinner yesterday, I helped Joshua back to their hostel. He was completely wasted. Myunghee, you know it better that even though I don't say it, I really really do like him a lot. We both were somehow alone in the road and Joshua was mumbling things in my ears. It was so perfect Myunghee, I tell you it was so perfect."

As Myunghee watched Kaede reciting it to her, she could picture Joshua leaning into Kaede and whispering things in her ears and Kaede letting out a loud giggle, lightly punching Joshua in his stomach with her large fists.

"I wanted to tell him that I love him at that time. It was the perfect time, don't you think. Even in movies they confess in a setup like that. It snows, the girl walks hand in hand with the boy, they laugh together, they mumble small things and stuffs. I couldn't have pictured a more better backdrop."

She sniffed again and broke down sobbing. "I jokingly asked him what will happen if I fall in love with him. And he replied that....."

She breathed heavily, coughing in the process. Myunghee was sitting on the edge of the chair waiting for Kaede to complete her narrative. "What did he say..?"

"He said," Kaede wiped her eyes with her sleeves. "He will have to distance himself from me, if that happens."

Watching Kaede crying profusely but smiling at the same time while talking about her love and heartbreak she realized it isn't the same for her and Soonyoung. She never felt so strongly for him.

Was it just a mere attraction towards an attractive individual?

It shouldn't have been just an attraction towards him if she expected so much from him till their last conversation. She scoffed at herself thinking about how she thought that he's gonna apologize for something that he does not even consider as a mistake.

She rationalised with herself that it was just a hormonal attraction because Soonyoung was handsome and she spent many close and uncomfortable moments with him in the previous month. It was concluded that there was no feelings involved.

But she did felt an attachment to Minghao. It lingered on for days, even after the rejection. If that argument wouldn't have happened between them she would have still been head over heels for him. Especially after what happened yesterday.

Shit. She mumbled to herself recollecting what happened yesterday with herself and Minghao. She was not in the correct mindset to face him right now. Just like Joshua, he also must've been extremely drunk to execute that move. It was too abrupt and unanticipated for Myunghee to believe that it wasn't a prank or a drunkard's delusional act.