Periods

Time passed by as quickly as it takes a candle to melt. She didn't even realize that she was already working on six projects and two thesis.

Two weeks went away at the snap of an eye in Tomsk.

Seungkwan became that best friend of hers which she never had in all her middle or high school. She still didn't know more than seventy percent students of her class and Kaede was still looking out for Joshua despite several indirect warnings by Silvia.

Whenever Silvia confronted her she would tell her that she was just 'persuading' him for going to the coffee shop. Just that much. Nothing more than that.

Joshua was still reluctant about Kaede's 'persuasion' but she was a person you can't say no to. He went along with her anyways.

Myunghee also learnt that the university holds the Ball ceremony once in every five years, and this year it was to be held two months after the mid semester, in December.

This was her sole motivation to keep doing well in studies, and also pay a bit more attention to the guys in the university so that she gets an idea about her possible ball partner.

But as was her nature, she forgot to pay attention to the guys as all her focus would fall on beautiful sceneries. It was autumn now, so the sceneries got much better. It was as if she was watching a painter painting things in front of her eyes as new colours got added to the view every hour.

She was starting to fall in love with Tomsk, but not yet with any guy. Even the ever so handsome and perfect and the God, Joshua Hong himself couldn't content Myunghee's likeness in a guy.

She was on her periods that day, and this time the periods were worst. It was her body's way to punish her for not being able to release oxytocin for anyone. And what made it more worse was that Seungkwan called in for a sick leave that day and was in the city, getting checked up.

The class was too boring to concentrate and she was in too much pain to even try looking up from her desk. When the class ended she got up quickly and wanted to rush out towards the canteen because her stomach was now rumbling.

But a guy called out her name loudly before she reached the door. She turned around to see Minghao running towards her.

Xu Minghao was the silent but smart guy in the class, not to mention he was incredibly handsome thus earning the name of the class hottie. He was from China and was one of Seungkwan's acquaintances but she never interacted with him.

But this was not how she wanted her first interaction to be, with anyone.

"You have a red stain on your jeans," she quickly sat down on the bench nearby to hide the spot.

"It's really visible..." Minghao rubbed his forehead and looked around. "Can you wait here?"

She looked up at him and nodded, still couldn't utter any word.

"I'll go back to my hostel and bring something for you."

She kept sitting there for many minutes. When the next bell rung she realized that the class won't just get filled right now, but also she needs to run to her next class. But Minghao just wouldn't come.

Did he leave her here, in this circumstance?

Since panicking occured to her naturally in these situations, she panicked. But it didn't help her because she could see unknown faces coming and filling the classes. The books they were taking out were also different. Maybe they're her seniors.

Suddenly a hand pulled her from the side, she turned around to see her saviour.

She slowly came out and took the pajamas from him.

"I'll walk you to the washroom." He said and started walking exactly behind her. She wanted to tell him to go and attend the lecture, but at the same time she didn't wanted to be in another uncomfortable position and she felt safe with him.

"Thank you," she muttered and felt him smile from the back. That made her blush.

"My name is Xu Minghao, by the way."

"I know your name.." she chuckled.

"Yeah, I know yours too but..... you know.... we never introduced ourselves. I just know you as Seungkwan's friend." He said to her and it did make sense.

"My name is Ahn Myunghee. I am from Korea."

"Oh, I'm from China." Minghao laughed and pointed to the washroom, "We're here."

When she was done she expected Minghao to be gone but he was still there leaning on the lockers. Waving towards her he showed her his watch, "We missed the lecture so I thought let's just go and eat something."

"I'm really sorry Minghao, and thanks. You saved me from a huge embarrassment." She facepalmed herself.

Minghao smiled and flicked his hand in front of her face, "It's nothing, it's biology."

Myunghee looked at him for a few seconds and then burst out laughing, so hard that she had to take support of the nearby wall to stand still.

"Both of you! What are you upto!?" A professor shouted coming out of his lecture hall.

"Sorry sir! We'll get going!" Minghao showed him his two thumbs and pulled Myunghee. "You're a menace."

Myunghee answered to him laughing, "It's nothing, it's periods."

And that's how Myunghee found Minghao. Whose role won't be limited to just being a partner in crimes, sharing moments of happiness and laughters and fun and enjoyment and being called in for getting involved in sneak outs and sneak ins.

Whose role won't be limited to being just a best friend that Myunghee never had.