Impress

Myunghee did not see Minghao for the remaining days, and neither did she remember anything that happened after she drank the cognac. The visions were just a blur and she wasn't sure if they were real or whether she just imagined them to be.

On the other hand, Kaede was being super serious about these exams now that only eight days were left. It was true that everyone was studying very hard and this environment of studiousness was very appealing to her. Everyone around her seemed to be so competitive.

But Kaede was studying extra hard, it was as if she was studying because someone glued her to her chair and asked her to study by keeping her on a gunpoint.

When Myunghee confronted Kaede about her rigorous study routine, she broke down. At first she was confused because even after spending 3 months with her in the same room she never thought that Kaede would cry. She just didn't look like the type who could break down as well.

"I might need your advice now, Myunghee," Kaede sniffed and sat down on the floor. "When Silvia first came up to everyone and told them about Joshua rejecting the Dean's daughter thing, I found it very funny. Like how she was desperate to keep everyone away from him.

"I only went behind him because I wanted to check it out myself what was so special about him. I know it's weird but I was curious too, to rationalize in my part. Silvia used to be very angry and sometimes even cornered me for 'luring' him into dates, and I found it fun to make her jealous so I continued the act. He kind of knew it as well."

Myunghee waited for her to continue.

"But now I'm not doing it for her," Kaede said as she held her forehead. "I know she's dating someone else now but that's not the reason."

"What do you mean?" Myunghee was confused at this time. "Tell me directly, don't beat around the bush."

"I think I really like Joshua."

Myunghee's eyes popped opened. There was ofcourse nothing wrong with liking Joshua, but one needs to be ready for an absolute heart break if they like him. Because he makes it very clear to everyone, that he's not interested in anything involving love.

"Joshua is a great guy," Myunghee started as Kaede nodded to her words. "But he isn't someone you should fall for."

Though Myunghee said it to Kaede, she can't apply the same to her own life. Loving a boy, who doesn't see her as more than just his best friend.

"You don't choose who to fall for, you just do." Kaede spoke. It ran chills through Myunghee's arms. She might have never seen her so emotionally distraught. She was emotionally wrecked because she already knew what Joshua's answer would be for her. Even if she tries her best, she won't be able to have him because he has closed all doors to his heart for good.

"Are you planning to tell him?" Myunghee asked her expecting a yes. And just as she expected, Kaede nodded.

"I'm planning to tell him after the exams are finished." She smiled at her, her usual smile. "If he says yes, we're going to the prom together. If he says no, I'll go with you. Because you don't have the guts to ask Minghao."

Myunghee threw a pillow at her. "Don't talk about him. I'm mad at him."

Kaede got up and went towards her chair while laughing, "Okay baby, I gotta study because I've got a topper to impress. Bye."

Myunghee smiled at her and went to sleep, "Thanks for telling me what's bothering you."

"Yep, don't mention it!" Kaede shrugged making Myunghee chuckle.

~

"You still didn't give it to her!?" Seungkwan looked shocked. "Then what were you doing with it all these days."

"I was using it to eat ramen, idiot." Myunghee smacked his arm and walked towards Sonya who was standing near the lockers by herself. She handed her the letters then told her something, and then pointed towards Seungkwan.

"Done." She announced coming back to Seungkwan.

"Wow, glad!" Seungkwan made a weird face and sticked out his tongue at her

Discrete mathematics went well, the questions were easy because they hardly had any time to study. This year the midterm was rushed because the administration took too much time to decide on the students list.

The three friends sat down on their usual bench under the apple tree sipping on 'lemon water'. Minghao didn't bring up the event of that day because he wasn't sure what was there to talk about it, and also because Myunghee didn't remember anything about being drunk. When she asked him about how his head got hurt in a clearly surprised manner, as if she wasn't the reason, he answered by saying that he slipped on the playground and scratched his forehead.

When Seungkwan confronted both of them about going to morning walks without him, Myunghee responded to him by saying that he was too engrossed in studied and too busy working as a secret admirer to bother about his friends.

Minghao played along with her because it was the safest thing.

As they were chatting with each other Myunghee saw Sonya walking towards the gate, her arms linked with another girl she didn't knew. She asked Sonya with her eyes whether she gave the letter to Kamilla, to which Silvia showed her a thumbs up quietly.

"She gave her the letter," she squeezed Seungkwan's palm in happiness. "SEUNGKWAN! I deserve a treat!!!" She shouted attracting attention. Minghao pulled her, making her sit back down.

"You're too loud sometimes, you know," Minghao chuckled and turned to Seungkwan, "I'll have pastry, or croissant whatever you can afford."

"I can afford neither of it."

So the day ended with Seungkwan treating them with chocolate ice cream and cold coffee.

"If the letter works out, I'll finance a day in Moscow for us three." Seungkwan joined his hands in front of them as Minghao and Myunghee laughed at him.

"You'll have to finance a trip to Moscow one day, none the less." Myunghee kicked his leg, "You fell in love first!"

Seungkwan jocked his head and laughed at her mockingly, "If that's the criteria, then you are the one who finances the trip Ahn Myunghee."

"Why?" Minghao asked dumbfounded while chugging on his ice cream. Seungkwan realized what he did as he slapped his forehead and proceeded to run followed by Myunghee.

"Yaahh! Boo Seungkwan you asshole! Bastard! Shitass!!" She shouted in korean, running behind him in the downtown streets of Tomsk. The nearby people bobbed their heads towards the source of the alien sounds.

Minghao sighed and left them to slaughter one another as he refused to take in anymore of the second hand embarrassment for free, taking the path towards the hostel blocks.