Replacable

Joshua was right. Anything in this world can be solved if a person knows how to talk. He need not be a mediator or a pacifist. He should just have communication skills, and there it is. Cold war never escalated to a hot war, because the people knew how to communicate. They devised arms control acts to avoid mass destruction. Everything works out only if you talk, you just have to speak.

It felt light after talking to Minghao. As if the shitty day suddenly became the best day of the year. She also realized that things start working out the moment she stops stressing about them.

Thus she stopped responding to the rumours about her and Joshua which was causing a ruckus that evening in the common room of the girls hostel. Kaede quietly came up after eating and they both went to sleep without conversating any further since there was no use pondering over useless things.

The next day something huge and unexpected happened. It was their quantum physics lecture and all of them were settled, waiting for the professor. The door opened but instead of their lecturer, came in Joshua.

Everyone turned around to look at Myunghee while her own face turned colourless. Why is he here?

His steps were loaded with confidence and even the clomp of his boots sounded confident. He took to the podium and turned on the mic, which was occasionally used by professors themselves.

"Good morning everyone," He tapped the mic two times and then smiled at the ninety seven people sitting infront of him. "I hope that you all are enjoying the ball season, and I also hope that you were contented with the arrangements of the audition event."

The whole class approved in unison as he smiled again. "I would like to waste 5 minutes of your class by recording the subject observations from Ms. Myunghee Ahn. Does any of you have any problem with that?"

Myunghee's eyes dilated in reaction to this polite demand of Joshua in front of everyone in the class. He really looked like a politician standing there in front of the podium.

His malignant personality shone out during the questioning that he carried out completely through the mic. His questions weren't illicit or impugnant, but he asked her every question and she answered him in detail. It was just as if they were having a talk show. She chortled in silence when Joshua finally said, "Take that as a brother's gift for Chuseok before the ball. And yeah, everyone have a good day."

He really was a true student president. How he came forward to protect Myunghee and very wittily burnt down the rumours without ruining anybody's image, showcased his dominant trait as a leader.

~

The three of them, after a long time gathered together in their usual place. The ground was frothed with snow so they had to sit on the bench, discussing about the ball.

"We're gonna dye our hair." Seungkwan nudged her arm, "There's this salon in the main market."

Myunghee laughed at their idea. Dying hairs was not a trend at the time this story was set.

"What colour you trying?" She asked Seungkwan.

"Dunno. Maybe... brown?" He mused.

"Hmmm... Nice." She chuckled again.

"And you?" She turned to ask Minghao, who was already looking at her direction.

"Brown or golden brown." He stated. "What you think?"

"Since your hair is already brown, try golden brown." Myunghee told him.

"Okay." He smiled at her. "Let's golden brown it, shall we?"