Kiss

As the sun begins to set, casting a golden glow over the city, Minghao finds himself sitting before Myunghee, his expression filled with frustration and anger. Around the tree, everything feels heavy with unspoken tension.

"I like Jeonghan." Myunghee looked down at the grass and licked her lips nervously, scared to look up and face Minghao.

Minghao takes a deep breath, his eyes filled with hurt. "Myunghee, why do you like him?," he pleads, his voice filled with an urgency that matches his emotions. "That guy is not the person you should be with."

Myunghee's brows furrow as she looks at Minghao, searching for answers in his eyes. "Minghao, I like Jeonghan. And if he is a bad person, let me like a bad person at that. It shouldn't bother you regarding why I like him."

Minghao rubs his fingers against his forehead, looking like he's seconds away from bursting out. "Because I like you Myunghee! I can't stand by and watch you go away with someone who is going to hurt you."

A mix of confusion and defiance flashes across Myunghee's face and Seungkwan's expression seem to mirror hers. "What?"

Minghao's frustration reaches its peak, his voice tinged with anger. "What do I need to do to make you see the truth, to make you like me again?"

Myunghee's expression softens, her gaze filled with sorrow. "Minghao, I'm sorry... I'm so..sorry things had to turn out this way."

Minghao's frustration dissipates, replaced by a sense of helplessness and resignation. He palms his face, his voice laced with disappointment. "Its all my fault..."

Tears well up in Myunghee's eyes as she shakes her head fiercefully, placing a hand gently on Minghao's arm. "It's not your fault Minghao, I assure you I don't blame you for anything. Not even for a second."

As the sun sinks beneath the horizon, casting long shadows over their conversation. Minghao stands up, angered at his outburst and angered with everything that's been happening. 

Minghao's heart feels heavy as he gazes into Myunghee's tear-filled eyes. The weight of his frustration and the magnitude of their friendship hang in the air, begging for resolution.

"Myunghee.." Minghao whispers, his voice tinged with sadness.

Myunghee's breath hitches. An unpleasant thought occurs to her that maybe this is the last time she'd be hearing Minghao call out her name. "You mean a lot to me, Minghao."

"I wanted to mean a lot more than just a lot to you." Minghao wipes his tears as he walks away, carrying his bag like on his shoulders like he's carrying the weight of the bitter rejection from Myunghee. 

Seungkwan and Myunghee are left alone to sit beneath the tree as the sun finally sets below the horizon, and the blanket of darkness overshadowed the conversation. Seungkwan didn't know how to console the Myunghee beside her, who was crying profusely. In his mind, he was still thinking about Minghao. 

"Don't cry, Myunghee." He said to her in korean which sounded very endearing to her. "He'll come back."

"Are you sure?" Myunghee looked up, her eyes were already red but more tears were collected near the tear duct, ready to fall.

Seungkwan hummed and patted her back, "He can't go anywhere, he will have to come back."

~

The next day, Minghao sat far away from them during their lectures. During lunchtime, Myunghee and Seungkwan saw Minghao sitting with two boys from the Department of Medicine one of them being Wonwoo. Seungkwan told her that Minghao and Wonwoo have become really good friends recently. But he was also certain that Minghao will definitely return to them.